Chapter 11

After the party, I fell asleep.

     I could hear Shade climbing into bed with me. I was too tired to tell him to get his own bed.  

    I had a strange dream. I was in some sort of battle field. I saw people with armor. Shields and swords. I couldn't tell who or what they were. 

     I heard people screaming in pain, blood splatted everywhere.  I was horrified.

     "No!..Stop it! stop killing each other!" I pleaded.

     This was no dream...it was a nightmare!  Then, i heard Shade's voice. I turned as I saw Shade battling off someone. 

     "Shade!" I shouted. He didn't hear me. I just stood, hopeless. I didn't want him to get hurt.

     Then, I gasped. Tears started to build up.

     "Shade...Shade?!"  He was stabbed.

      I heard him holler in pain as his knees fell to the ground. His body lay flat on the cold, bloody ground. I ran towards him and his body was cold as ice. I kept on crying and crying.  

      Then, I woke up sweating, and had tears in my eyes.

      Shade woke up surprised. He asked me what was wrong. I just covered my face and kept on crying.  I didn't tell him what I was experiencing.  

      I felt his arms pulls me into his chest. 

     "It's okay...it's okay Rachael." He told as he gently stroked my hair. Somehow I always felt safe in Shade's arms.  I never wanted him to let me go. 

     I buried my head into his chest. It was so warm. I could almost hear his heart beat. It was so soothing and calm.  

     "Shade..." I said. "Kiss me.."  He didn't seem to hesitate or even had a second thought.  He did. 

     He gently pushed me back on top of the pillows. His lips was gentle and warm.  I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him even closer.

     We continued on for what was like... hours. I couldn't remember when we stopped or how we fell asleep in each other's arms. We were so caught up in the moment. 

     But, I did remember that I fell asleep with a smile on my face and so did Shade.  Maybe...I really did fall for him.