Chapter 10: The Kiss

The Kiss

    Shade ordered Sebastian to lock me up inside my room.

     Ugh! I totally hated Shade.

     I looked outside my window and saw people were starting to arrive.

     The demons looked much similar to the humans on Earth, except they had fangs and red eyes. They dressed up in tuxedos and fancy dresses.

     Never expected parties in Hell would be like this.

     I saw Shade outside, wearing a nicely made suit. It looked like it was made in silk. Black looked nice on him. Just saying.

     I saw couples holding hands as they went inside. I even saw young, teenager girls walking in groups. It was obvious that they were here for Shade. They were so pretty, prettier than me.

     Shade would of course pick them if he had a choice between picking me or one of those girls.  I felt kind of envious.  Imagining Shade, holding and kissing one of them makes my blood boil.

     Wait...WAIT...Did... I have feeling for Shade?! 

     I felt myself blush. I covered my face.

     "Maybe...Maybe I do have feeling for him but...I can't forgive him for what he did to dad." I told myself.

     It had been half an hour and I bet everyone had more fun down there than I was, up here.

     I went to the bathroom. I opened up one of the drawers and found face fangs and red contacts. How Convenient!  So everything was actuall fake, or were these for beauty emergencies?

     Now all I needed was a dress. I quickly applied the fangs and contacts and maybe some blush. I went over to the closet and found a cute layered dress with matching high heels. I was ready.

      I looked at myself in the mirror and I really do look like I could fit in. Now I all need to do is find a way to get downstairs. I found  a bobby pin and tried to unlock the door.

     Moments later, I heard a click.

     "I did it!" I said. I opened the door and secretly went downstairs where all the guests were. Once I got down there. It was crowed.

     Tables and tables of desserts and small fancy finger size foods were served.  At the very end of the table was Shade, siting on some type of throne. 

     He looked annoyed and bored. I kept seeing Sebastian everywhere and I kept trying to hide my face.  

      It had been more then an hour and I still haven't been caught! AHAHA! YES! TAKE THAT SHADE! YOU STUPID DICK FACE! 

     Then, as I was eating a plate of cake, Shade stood up from his seat and said, " May I have your attention, Everyone!"

     Everyone immediately stopped what they were doing. The room fell silent. No one moved, no one spoke a word or made a single sound.  

     "Now, I have very important announcement to make.  Earlier on, I have received news of the angels-." He suddenly stopsed speaking and I found his gaze staring upon me.

    "Oh SHIT!" I thought. He gave me a look that said, " Rachael?! I'm about to kil you!"

     I slowly placed my plate down on the table and quickly backed away from the crowd.

     I sneaked into the dark and black hallways and started to run. I looked back and saw that no one was chasing me until I crashed into something. I fell down on my butt and as I looked up, I saw Shade looking super mad.

     "Ohhh shit, i am in sooo much trouble.." I told my self. 

     I stood up and said, " Heyy! Shade, I didn't know that you were here!"

     " Shut up Rachael. I know that you got out and oh, YOU ARE IN SO MUCH TROUBLE!  You disobeyed my orders. You get back into your room this minute!"  

     "No! I can handle things myself in dangerous situations!" I protested.  

     "You're useless without me!" He shouted back. 

     Inside of me, I felt myself snap. Without you?! WITHOUT YOU?!

     I raised my hand and slapped him but he caught my hand before I could do so.  

     " I can NEVER forgive you for what you did!" I yelled. 

     I was angry, I couldn't think straight. I turned and storm off to my room but, Shade grabbed my arm and pulled me into his arms.

     "Let go of me!" I shouted as I tried to get away from his struggle.

     He only held me tighter. I suddenly felt...calmer in his arms and slowly stopped resisting. I started crying on his shoulder, why was I here?  Why was I stuck with the bastard, the fucktard that had taken my father's soul?  I felt a tear escape my eyes and roll down my cheek.

     When it turned into sobbs, I couldn't really control the fact that I was crying on his shoulder.  Something about him made me calm down for some reason, though I really wanted to kick him in the balls again just out of satisfaction.

      He didn't mind me getting his suit all wet.  He stroked my hair gently, I tried not to slap him; my tears were in the way.

    Then he pulled me around so I faced him.  I found him lean in and he closed the gap between my lips and his.  Normally, I would bitch slap him, but my harmones kicked in. 

     His lips were warm and sweet, and tasted like mint.

     I didn't want to stop and neither did he. I felt a longing for him, I felt guilt, the way I hated him, and although he was the one who saved my life.  He helped my father save my life. 

    He pinned me up against the wall. His arms around tight on my waist. He started to press his lips harder to mines. I felt him bite my lower lip. I wrapped my arms around his neck as he pulled his body closer to mines. Everything felt so..different.  I never saw him this way before.  I knew after this I may need a new tongue but I dare say I enjoyed it. 

      I finally realized I had been holding my breath. We pulled away for a moment and looked in each others eyes.  I could feel that we were both speechless. Couldn't find the right words to say.  

     I never felt this way before to any guy. In fact, I never been kissed before. Then, I heard someone clearing their throat. We both turned our heads and saw Sebastian standing there far behind us. We both quickly separated from each other and were completely embarrassed.  

     It was easy to tell that Shade was blushing as much as I  was. 

     "Master Shade, I escorted everyone out the door. I already told the news to everyone." said Sebastian.

     "What news?" I asked.

     "N-nothing important, now go to bed." Shade responded. 

     I nodded sadly and went upstairs to my room.

     I undressed and wore my night grown. I lyed on the bed face first.

     I couldn't forget the kiss.  How it felt, never wanting to stop.  I felt so embarrassed.  I could never look at Shade the same way I did before ever again.

    I wanted to scream in my pillow.