Chapter 2

I had a dream.  No.  A nightmare.

      I was in this room.  Just walls and nothing else.  The ground was cold and I noticed that I wasn't wearing any shoes. 

      Then, coming from the shadows was a tall dark figure. As it got closer to me, I saw that it was the boy from yesterday!

     I gasped. "You!" I said. " You're the boy from yesterday that left me that black rose!"

     I saw him nod and grinned. 

     He had two fangs sticking out. I was horrified. Blood suddenly dripping from his fangs, blood staining his shirt, blood on his hands. Blood was everywhere!

     " I told you that I'll see you again." He said.

     I started screaming and tried to run away from him but everywhere I go he'll appear in front of me. I looked down at his face and saw that he had sharp long nails.

     That was then, that I awoke from the nightmare.

     I was sweating and coughing. That was the first time...that I ever been scared in my whole entire life. 

     I dressed and ran downstairs ready for school. I sat down at the table as mom brought a plate of eggs, toast, and some bacon for me.

     I started eating until I heard a knock on my door.

     Mom went off to answer it.

    "Hey there! Are you new to this neighborhood?" She asked.

     "Why yes!" Said the man. "We live next door. Oh! And this is my son, Shade."  

     "Hello!" He said.

     " We're the Knights and we were thinking of saying hi to our new neighbors." Said the father.

    "Oh, I have a daughter that's the same age of you Shade!" said mom. 

    "Oh that's wonderful! She can be Shade's friend!"  

    " Its alright I really don't-"  

    "Don't be silly, here, I'll let you meet her. Sweetie can you come here for a moment please?" Mom shouted for me across the room.

     I sighed. "Just when I was starting to finish the bacon."  

     I walked over to the door and gasped.

     It was the same boy from yesterday and from my dreams! 

    "Rachael this is Shade, he just moved here this morning, hes going to be attending the same high school as you." 

     I just stood there, silent. He smiled and waved at me.

    "Why don't you two go to school together!?" yelled mom.

     Before both me and Shade were about to protest his dad said, "That's a great idea!"  "You two get ready and meet outside for school." 

    I got my books and backpack ready and headed out of the door. "Bye Sweetie!" I sighed again and shook my head back and forth is despair.

     Waiting outside of the house's gates was Shade. 

     "Ready to go?" He asked. I just ignored him and started walking to school. He followed along.

     We walked in silence for about ten minutes and we were almost to the school.

     Until he asked,  " So...Is it true that you're the Student Council President?"  

     "Yeah.."  

     "That's cool."

     We were silent again until he said, " I can already tell that you don't like me."  

     " No..it's not that I don't like it's more like...I feel like you have a bad aura around you and it's making me feel weird."  

      "Um..okay..that's weird?" He replied back.  

      " I'm sorry I just made things awkward between us." 

      He laughed a bit. "Nah. You kind of funny...and cute."  

     I blushed.

     We were at the school already but we somehow stayed together until first period started.

     All the girls were already gathering around him. I found out that he was in the same class that I was in. Oh this is going to be a long school year from now on.