27. Fuko Wears a Bell

Start from the beginning

I wished I could go down and say hello to Paws, but as luck would have it, any class that wasn't getting their photo taken, was waiting in the library, which meant I was too busy to go down there to visit with him. His class was also next to get their picture taken, so he wasn't anywhere near the library.

"Do you have any books about pumpkins?" a girl asked me as I sat at the desk. Because everyone was stuck hanging out at the library, there'd been a lot of check outs.

"Dunno," I raised an eyebrow at her, and searched pumpkins on the computer. Why would she want a book about pumpkins?

I frowned at the results.

"Well?" the girl asked.

"They're... all checked out..." I mean, this wasn't exactly abnormal given my luck and she had asked me, but seriously! Why were all the pumpkin books checked out!

"Oh," she deflated. "Can you put them on hold for me?"

"Sure, what's your student number?"

As I went through the motions and put the girl on the hold list, Théo approached me from behind, "Félix, do you know when the photo-shoot ends?" he asked me while trying to balance a stack of books on his arms.

"Don't tell me you're getting stressed," I teased.

"I uh, well," he chuckled nervously.

I gave the girl a nod, telling her she was good to go before looking at Théo, "It ends tomorrow at lunch," I stood up and stretched. "Could you switch with me? I'm getting tired of sitting here."

Truthfully, I was getting worried. It'd been a while since I'd seen Fuko. Especially since my attention was scattered everywhere, she had slipped off. I couldn't help but have a bad feeling about this...

Théo sighed relieved, "Yes, YES! Thank you! I was getting tired of finding books for everyone!" he set his stack of books down.

Oh yeah... Hmmm I might need to do that if I stood up. Hopefully, Fuko was still somewhere inside the library.

"Why do you have all these books?" I asked him.

"People were misplacing them on shelves," Théo explained.

I sighed, "Alright, I'll put them back..."

While I was returning the books, I kept checking for Fuko. I knew she was nearby because I could hear her snickering at me. I hated when she forced me to play hide and seek with her! Now was jut not the time! Plus, who knows what she did when I wasn't supervising her?!

"Oh Chloe, where are you?!" Somebody shouted through the library. First, I couldn't check in on Paws, then, because it's photo-day, the library is busy and overrun, then people misplace books, and I still didn't know where Fuko was! Having someone shouting in the library was the last straw.

I immediately straightened, and stomped over to the source of the voice, "Where do you come from-," I began ranting through the shelves, "where shouting is acceptable inside a library?!" Students ran out of my way.

When I reached the main part of the library, I saw what was, evidentally, a red and white akuma standing there.

"Where is Chloe Bourgeois?!" she demanded.

I facepalmed myself, sighing exasperatedly. Who had that girl akumatized now?! Regardless, maybe I could stall the akuma, or at the very least get her out of the library.

"As sympathetic to your plight I may be," I approached the akuma calmly, "I must ask you to stop shouting or leave the library," I told her.

The akuma smirked at me and pointed her wrist at me, a flash coming out of it in my direction.