48~ Leah The Player

~Leah~

"No! Don't go in the basement you idiot!" Izzy yelled at the TV while we were watching a horror film. I looked at her and grinned. I found it adorable how she gets so invested in movies and yells at the characters as if they can hear her.

"She has a phone right beside her, yet she decides to grab a kitchen knife and follow the creepy noise? What a moron!" She says, waving her hand towards the TV, bits of popcorn flying everywhere.

She looks at me once she notices me starring at her with a smirk on her face. "I'm doing it again, aren't I?" She says. "I always ruin movies for people by talking through them, I'm sorry."

"No worries." I tell her. "I think it's cute." A small smile begins on her face, but quickly fades once she hears a scream coming from the TV, and a jump scare pops up, making Izzy jump, and the popcorn in her hands fly in the air. She leans in closer next to me, gripping tightly onto my arm as if her life depended on it.

After a few seconds, she slowly turns to look at me again, realizing we were now so close together, our noses almost touched.

"I'm- sorry..." She stutters, without looking away. For a few more seconds, we continue to look into each other's eyes, and then she began glancing down at my lips. I lick my lips without looking away from her, and with slight hesitation, we both begin leaning in.

Before we knew it, our lips touched, and lingered together for a few seconds, then we both leaned back, Izzy biting her bottom lip as if to taste the flavor of my chapstick.

Just as we both began to lean in to kiss again, the 9:00 bell rang, telling all the students to return to their assigned dorm rooms for the night.

"I should, uh, probably get back to my room." I told Izzy, without looking away from her. She simply nodded her head. "I'll walk with you." She told me.
-----------------
"So, um, I'll see you tomorrow?" I asked Izzy as we stopped outside the door to my room.

"Absolutely."

Just as I was about to lean in again for another kiss, the door to my dorm swung open.

"I knew it!" Marisa said, as her and Karina both stepped out of the room. "Didn't I tell you, Karina, that'd she'd be hanging out with her little 'girlfriend?'"

"What's going on guys?" I asked them as I looked at their angry facial expressions.

"We went to the Doctor's for a check up for the baby." Karina said. "We waited for you."

"You decided to miss your best friend's appointment for her?" Marisa told me, scrunching up her nose in disgust as she looked towards Izzy.

"I'm sorry M, I completely forgot."

"Forgot about the appointment, or me in general?" She began shouting. "Because you've been spending a whole lot of time with her lately, and you don't even actually love her."

Izzy looked over at me, confused.

"That's right, I said it." Marisa said. "It's time you know the truth, Isabelle. Leah doesn't actually want to be with you, we set her up. She's playing you so she can feed me dirt."

"That's not true, right Leah?" Izzy asked with worry in her voice.

"Oh it's true alright." Marisa told her before I could protest. "She told me all about all your little insecurities and how much you hate even living in your own skin. It's all quite pathetic, really."

"Marisa, enough already." I yelled, I turned to Izzy. "She's lying. I would never-"

"Stop." She interrupted, her voice quiet, trying to hold back the crying. "Just stop." She backed up slowly at first, as if waiting for me to chase after her, then quickly turned around and walked away.

"What the Hell is wrong with you Marisa?" I yelled at her.

"I was only telling her the truth." She told me. "It was your idea."

"You're the one who wouldn't shut up long enough for me to tell you I actually have feelings for her."

"Well, the damage is done. Now you can start spending more time with the people who actually matter." With that, Marisa and Karina crossed their arms and walked away, seeming to be completely satisfied with themselves.

And I was left there, alone, realizing that my relationship with Izzy has ended, even before it had the chance to begin.

(TBC)

I know, this chapter is a bit shorter than usual, but I've been working extra hard on my writing lately, and I think I'll actually be able to publish the next chapter on time for the first time in forever!