38~ Toby Kellin Bond Part 1

~Savannah~

The bright lights on the ceiling of the school stung my eyes and made them water. I was now being carried on a hospital stretcher after waiting for what seemed like forever on the floor in the middle of the hallway. The pain shoot up from my legs to my hips, almost like an aching, throbbing pain.

I couldn't really see much from where I was laying do to the ceiling light shining in my face, but I sure as Hell could hear everyone.

"I'll go get Sage and we'll meet you guys at the hospital." I heard Julian tell Izzy, who was now rushing beside him. "No!" I found myself yelling at them. "I don't want to deal with Sage right now."

"Sav, he's the father of your son." I heard Izzy say. "He deserves to be apart of this." Suddenly, I could feel the pain of the contractions starting to build up in my stomach and I tightly closed my eyes.

I wasn't sure what was going on. I'm only 8 months pregnant and I should've been due next month. Something was wrong and I was starting to worry. I needed my husband here next to me. Here to hold my hand and help me to breathe through the pain. Here to calm me down and tell me everything would be okay.

Sure, I was mad at him, but I know that they'll always be something inside me that'll remind me he's been nothing but loyal and honest with me since the very beginning. We said those vows on our wedding day that allowed him to promise to always be loyal and devoted to me and me only. He took an oath, and quite frankly, I would much rather believe the love of my life over people who do nothing but feed on drama.

I was snapped out of my thoughts by yet another sharp pain. "I'll call her parents while we're in the ambulance." Izzy told Julian, and I heard Julian's footsteps walking away to find Sage. "How are you holding up Sav?" Izzy asked me. Everything from my hip to the bottom of my legs stung like Hell, and everything else felt numb. "Just peachy." I told her with an eye roll, then began to groan as the pain continued to get stronger.

Before I knew it, I was put onto an ambulance that was parked outside the building. Izzy sat down in the back next to me and dialed my mom's phone number...

~Julian~

I rushed back to mine and Sage's dormroom, standing in the door way for a second to look at how sad and heart broken Sage seemed to be. He was sitting on our couch, head low, hands over his face. It hurt to see him like this. He was my best friend, and I felt bad for not being able to tell him the truth right away.

"Sage, I don't mean to bother you but-" I started

"Jules, I love you and all, but please go away." He interrupted, still not uncovering his face.

"Look man, I know you're hurt right now, but this is important." I began, walking over to him. "Savvy just went into labor. Her and Izzy are on their way to the hospital right now."

Suddenly, Sage's head shot up, and he jumped off of the couch. "Wait, what?" He asked. "That's not possible. She's only 8 months pregnant."

"Well, whatever it is, she needs you."

"Didn't you hear her? She doesn't want anything to do with me."

"That might be the case for right now, but you're the father of that baby. They both need you now more than ever."

"What if she hates me? I can't stand to be around her knowing I hurt her so much."

"Listen, about that..." I started, and sighed. This is it Jules, no backing out now. You got yourself in this mess, it's time to end it here.

"Marisa wasn't lying when she said she's pregnant."

"What? That's impossible! We couldn't have done anything, I was practically dead to the world that whole night."

"Don't worry, you aren't the father." I told him. "I am..."

I watched as Sage's eyes widened. "YOU SLEPT WITH MARISA?" He yelled, a little too loudly.

"We were both drunk." I said. "And quite frankly, I was pretty in to her and I thought she felt the same way about me. Turns out she was only trying to get to you."

"Wow, I'm so sorry man." Sage said.

"Now, unless there are any other issues we need to discuss..." I said. "You're wife is having a baby. So get off your ass, and let's go be there to support her." I told him, and we both rushed out of the room and ran down the hall as fast as we could to my car.

~Okay, now back to Savvy xp~

I was now in the hospital room, squeezing my mom's hand tight as tears began to fall from my eyes. My mother was sitting in the chair next to the hospital bed, and Izzy was on the other side of me, assuring me everything would be okay.

There was a blanket on top of the bottom half of me, with the doctor doing his job to get the baby out.

At this point, I could feel nothing but pain, especially in my back, stomach, and, well, you know. I squeezed my mother's hand even tighter and began to groan in pain. All I could really think about was how much I wanted Sage here with me. For him to gently touch me, for me to get lost in his eyes and focus on him more than the pain.

"Where's Sage?" I asked Izzy as much as I could force the words out of my mouth. "I'm sure he's on the way with Julian right now." She told me. I turned to my mom and let yet another tear fall. "It hurts so much mama." I told her, and I watched her eyebrows move closer together in worry. "I know sweetie." She said, removing a strand of hair from my face. "You're doing great, just take deep breaths and it'll all be over soon."

"You're doing great Mrs. Bond." The doctor told me. "Now this might sting just a little bit." In a split second, I felt a painful sting, and I couldn't help but scream. I bit my lip to shut myself up, and wiped the tears that fell from my face.

"I see him!" The doctor said. "We're almost done, just one big push."

I covered my mouth to muffle the groans that were escaping my lips, and I continued to squeeze my mom's hand. Basically, it felt like I was giving birth to a large watermelon, and let's just say, it didn't feel very nice...

Suddenly, I heard Toby's cries, and I realized I was tensing up the whole time, and now it felt like a weight was lifted off my shoulders and I relaxed, tilting my head back onto the pillow and releasing from the tight grip I had on my mother.

Just in time, Sage barged through the hospital doors, looking more worried than any of us. "Did I miss anything? Are you alright?" He asked, not giving any of us time to answer.

"I'm guessing you're the father?" The doctor asked him. "Would you like to cut the abilical cord?" Sage's face lit up, and he simply nodded. The doctor led him to a section of the room where Toby was to be bathed and bundled up in the blanket my mother made for him.

Sage glanced over at me, and gave me that look he gives me when he's admiring me. I smiled, and realized how sweet it was that he still happens to find me beautiful, even when I'm tired, sweaty, my hair all a mess, and my makeup smeared on my face.

I love him so much...

{TBC}