Chapter 12~ "Fifi"

-Savvy-

I woke up to a tray of food, eggs, bacon, toast, with a glass of orange juice, on the nightstand next to my bed, with a small notebook next to it. I looked to the side of me to find that Sage wasn't there, so I figured he went to run an arrend. I grabbed the tray off the night stand and started to read the note:

Had to pick up my suit for the wedding tomorrow, be back shortly my love. I hope you enjoy the food I made just for you! Xoxo, Sage <3

I couldn't help the smile spread across my face as I read over the note. In just one day, I would be Mrs. Savannah Bond. In just one day, Sage and I would be husband and wife, together forever and always.

Just as I was done eating my breakfast my phone rang, and as soon as I picked up I flinched from the loud squeal coming from the other end of the phone. "Savvy! Guess who's back in Cali!" I recognized the voice from anywhere. "Lina!" I said excitedly. "You're here in Cali? I didn't think you'd come back!" "You really think I'd miss my best friend's wedding?" She said. "Meghan and I are sleeping over at Jenny's house. You're on speaker."

"Savvy, you'll never guess what happened." I heard Jenny say in the background. "My dog just had puppies a few weeks ago. You and Sage should totally come pick one out." "Wait, really?" I asked, beaming with excitement. "Absolutely." She said. "Think of it as a wedding gift from me to you. It can be your family pet for when you guys finally have kids!"

I stopped pacing around my room, which I often found myself doing when I'm on the phone, and thought for a second. Sage and I hadn't thought about having kids since we lost our babies. I've always loved the thought of being a mother, but I don't think I can stand the feeling of losing another child again. Having that life grow in your stomach for that long, only to have it die before you could even get to know it. Just the thought gave me anxiety.

"Savvy? You there?" I heard Lina say, snapping me out of my thoughts. "Oh, yeah. That sounds great Jenny, thanks." I said. "When Sage gets home, we'll come to your house." And with that, I hung up the phone, slipped on my jacket, and waited out on the front porch, hot tea in my hand, waiting for Sage to get back.

A couple minutes later, Sage pulled up in the driveway, and I slid in the passenger seat with him before he could even open the door. "Jenny has a little surprise for us at her house." I said with a little wink. Looking confused, he smiled, and backed out of the driveway anyway and headed to Jenny's.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I opened Jenny's door as another loud squeal escaped Lina's lips. She hopped off the coach and ran up to hug me. "I missed you so much." She said through her wide smile. I looked over to the other side of the room where a blanket covered a dog and a litter of 6 puppies. I couldn't help the squeal escape from my lips as well as I looked upon the cute little furballs. I grabbed Sage's hands and walked him over the the litter.

"How do you feel about getting a dog?" I asked him. He knelt down to pet them and smiled. "I think it's a great idea." I kneeled down with him and looked at all the puppies. All of them were adorable, but one in particular caught my eye. A tan and white dog with beady eyes put her paw in my lap, her tongue sticking out of her mouth as if she were smiling.

"I think she likes you." Sage said. I picked the puppy up and pet her soft fur, letting another annoying squeal come out. "I like you the most." I whispered to the puppy. "Don't tell the others." I sat the puppy down and continued to pet her fur. "What should we name her?" I asked.

"How about Mimi?" Sage suggested. "You know, like the pet you used to have?" "Nah." I said. "That brings back too many dark memories." I looked deep into the dog's sparkling brown eyes. "What about... Fifi?" I suggeted, decided that name fit her. "I love it." Sage said, then moved a fallen strand of hair off my face, and kissed my cheek.

"Oh, and Savvy." Jenny said. "You're more than welcome to stay the night here. The girls and I could get you ready for tomorrow, and drive you to your wedding." "Thanks Jen." I said, standing up, the puppy still in my hand. I kissed Sage as he said his goodbyes to the girls, and walked out.

(TBC)