42~ Summer Secrets

~Sage~

I woke up to the smell of what seemed to be pancakes and bacon. As my mouth began to water, I jumped out of bed and followed my nose to the kitchen as if I were in one of those cartoons where the delicious smell makes you float in the air.

Once I reached the kitchen, a smile spread across my face. There, putting a large tower of pancakes onto a plate, was Savannah, her hair doing that cute messy thing it always does in the morning, wearing nothing but a shirt of mine that was so big on her that it reached her thighs. Behind her, was Toby sitting in a highchair at the breakfast table.

I walked up behind Savvy as quietly as I could, and put my hands on her shoulders, massaging them in circles. "Good morning." She told me, realizing who it was. She turned around and wrapped her arms around my neck. "I borrowed your shirt." She said. "I hope you don't mind."

"Not at all." I told her. "I think it looks better on you anyway."

"I made you breakfast." She said, picking up the plate of pancakes behind her and handing it to me. "Blueberry pancakes, your favorite."

"You didn't have to do that." I said, feeling my cheeks getting hot.

"Please, I wanted to." She told me. "Everyone else went to work, and your parents said they didn't mind if I borrowed their kitchen." Savvy linked her arm with mine and led me to an empty chair at the table next to Toby, then drizzled some syrup onto the pancakes.

"What would I ever do without you?" I asked her, pulling her onto my lap and wiping some pancake batter off of her cheek with my thumb. She grinned and gave me a peck on the lips, then went back to the counter to make her a plate as well.

We ate in silence, Savvy and I just giving googly eyes at eachother while we ate, and a couple minutes later, we both put our plates in the sink, got Toby, and sat on the couch in the living room. I put my arm around Savvy's shoulder as she propped her feet up on the coffee table in front of us and looked up at me.

"So, I got in touch with Julian this morning." She told me.

"Oh yeah?" I asked her. "What did he say?"

"Well, he gave me the idea to throw a pool party at our house."

"Are you sure that's a good idea?" I asked her worridly. "I mean, shouldn't you be spending your time resting for a little while longer? That is what the doctor insisted on..."

"I know, but it's summer." She said. "Isabelle is going away on vacation in a few weeks, and I'm sure everyone else is going home to visit family, I think it would be good to bond with everyone before they have to go."

I took a moment to think about her idea, and then finally, nodded my head. "Alright." I told her. "What could go wrong?"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~Savannah~

By the time I came back home from dropping Toby off at my parent's house, my house was already flooded with crowds of people from college.

I hopped out of my car, stepping on empty beer cans on the way up to my house. I could feel the base of the loud music from outside, and hear people shouting and having fun.

Finally able to reach the front door, I turned the nob and was imediatly greeted by cups, food, and trash all over the floor. I kicked passed the trash as a seemingly drunk Julian walked over to me.

"Hey, look who it is!" He said in a drunken slurred tone. "Savannah! How you doing girl?"

"I'm great Julian." I answered, ignoring how intoxicated he was. "Now as much as I'd love to stand here and chat, I've got to make sure nobody's broken anything."

"Check ya later." Julian said, swaying and trying his best to stay balanced.

I continued to push past large crowds of drunk people, and even passed by a few trying to break a few things. "Hey! Let go of that!" I yelled over the loud music. This isn't what I wanted when I suggested having a party. I thought to myself. I need to find Sage.

After awhile of searching for Sage, I found myself outside in the backyard where the pool was. "Sage?"I yelled. Instead, I found Isabelle standing awkwardly next to the pool, a beach dress covering her bathing suit underneath, looking like she wanted to jump in the pool, but was too shy to.

"Izzy?" I asked her. "Are you alright." She jumped when I spoke and turned to me. "Oh, hey Savvy." She simply said. "You don't look like you're having any fun." I told her. "And I will NOT allow that at my party. Tell me whats wrong."

"Oh it's nothing." She said, staring at the water in the pool. "It's obviously something." I told her. "What? Can't swim or something?"

"I'm just feeling a bit insecure I guess." She told me. "I don't really like how my body looks in a swim suit. I don't really like how my body looks at all."

"That's ridiculous." I told her. "Your body is beautiful. You've got all the right curves in all the right places, what on earth do you have to feel insecure about?"

Izzy looked down, looking a bit embarrassed, and I followed her gaze. I looked at her thigh, that was exposed because of her dress being accidently lifted up a little. There, I saw a single cut followed by a couple of white scars. She must've noticed me looking because she imediatly pulled down the bottom of the dress to hide the cuts.

I looked back at her with a serious expression on my face, and I looked into her eyes. Suddenly, after seeing the scars on her thighs, it was like looking into her eyes for the first time, and I could suddenly see the pain that lived there...

{TBC}

After a long while, here is a new update. So sorry for the wait. I don't really have an excuse this time, I just didn't really feel up to it. Day by day I've been slowly working on this chapter, but only today I have finally finished it. I really don't know if I'll be able to publish the next chapter on time or not, but just know that eventually, it will be published. Please don't give up on me you guys.
<3 Mama Dragon