31~ Wasted

~Sage~

The bell rang, allowing me to be released from my last lecture of the day. I stopped by the door to my dorm room to wait for Savvy, who usually met me here at this time. After a few minutes of her not showing up, I decided I would text her to see what was going on.

I unlocked my phone to discover that she was trying to contact me all through last period. I called her back, and she picked up on the first ring. "Hello?" She asked. "Babe, I'm done with all my classes for today and I'm waiting outside my room for you." I said through the phone, leaning against the wall behind me. "Where are you?"

"I'm at home." She said, sounding disappointed. "I got suspended."

"What?" I asked, a little too loudly. "What happened?"

"It's a long story. Come home and I'll tell you. I'll even make dinner."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now at home with Savannah, sitting beside her at the dining room table with our plates practically licked clean, she told me everything that led up to her suspension.

"...So now, I have to stay here until Thursday." She said, finishing up her story. I looked down at the floor and pouted out my bottom lip.

"You look more disappointed than I thought you'd be." She told me. "What's wrong dear?"

"Well, the guys from the football team want to throw this party tomorrow and I was hoping that we could go together." I told her. "But now that I know you can't come, I'd much rather stay home with you."

"Babe, you know how much I hate to be the reason you cancel plans." She told me, grabbing both of our empty plates and getting up to clean them. "I want you to go and have fun with your friends. Don't worry about me."

"Are you sure?" I asked her. I stood up and walked behind her, putting my arms around her waste. "I'd much rather stay home with my lovely wife than at a crazy party full of nothing but drunk idiots."

Savvy turned back around to face me and put her arms on the back of my neck. She looked me in my eyes with a serious yet absolutely adorable expression on her face. "Go!" She playfully demanded. She kissed me gently on the lips for a split second and looked back up at me. I watched her eyes move from my eyes down to my lips, and I knew she wanted to kiss them again.

I tilted my head slightly, not letting go of her hips, and I kissed her again, and again, and again. We were probably standing there by the sink for about ten minutes just making out. Enjoying our soft lips touch each other, dancing together in sync to our own little beat.

Finally, we both released from the kiss, and I looked at her beautiful face and shot her a little half smile. "Fine." I told her. "You've convinced me. But afterwards, I expect more of those sweet kisses from you when I get home."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The next day, the school's gymnasium was packed with people for the party. I made my way through the crowds of people to a large group in the back where my friends were at.

"Sage, my man, what up?" One of the guys cheered. Everyone's eyes were bloodshot and the room reeked of alcohol. One of the guys got up from the table he was sitting on and walked over to me, taking something out of the pocket of his hoodie. He revealed a half drunken bottle of vodka. "What do you say we have some fun at this party?" He said, winking at me.

"Sorry man, no can do." I told him. "I'm gonna be a father soon. I gotta drop all this childish alcohol shit." "Come on dude, don't Rain on our parade." He said. "If I were becoming a father soon, I'd drink more. Once that thing is born, you're not gonna have time for crazy parties like this ever again. So I say just chill, relax, and take this." He handed me the bottle of vodka. "It may be your last chance."

I looked at the bottle of vodka, tempted to chug every last drop down. He was right. Once Toby is born, him and Savannah are gonna be all I think about. I won't have time to hang out with my friends or go anywhere I'd like to. Right now, I should just live life for the moment and have fun.

I screwed off the top of the bottle and chugged what was left of the vodka. I felt the sting of the drink run down my throat as the guys cheered and chanted "chug" over and over. Once the bottle was completely empty, I threw my hands in the air and cheered with them.

Not long after, I started to feel the buzz coming on. I found myself dancing with the guys, making fools of ourselves in front of everyone. A couple hours later, when the drunk started to die down, I found myself huddled up in a corner of the room, gripping my stomach in pain...

{TBC}

Don't drink kids. Vodka is actually pretty nasty anyways. XD
...Don't ask how I know that...