Chapter 9- The Runaways

~Brooke~

"What the Hell is going on Brooke?" Savvy asked after telling me the text she got and Jerika almost being in danger. "Okay, fine." I finally said. "I sent the text. I wanted you to be safe."

Savvy chuckled. "Oh that's rich coming from you." "I'm serious." I said. "I'm about done with all this shit between us. I'm a bitch and I get that, but ever since Jason came back, I just haven't cared much anymore."

"Wait, you knew Jason too?" Savvy said, sitting beside me on my bed in my dorm room with a worried expression on her face. I sighed. Well, I guess it's about time I told the truth....

"You aren't the only one who's a victim of rape you know." I said. "A couple years ago, when I first moved here to California, Jason was always trying to get with me, but I kept turning him down. But he just wouldn't stop trying. Eventually it got as bad as him spying on me. Taking pictures of me through my bedroom window of me getting dressed, following me home from school, watching me every night. It drived me crazy because I knew I couldn't do anything about it. All I could do was feel his eyes on me, watching my every move..."

I paused, and looked down at the floor, trying my best not to shed a tear. "The night it happened, I was unconscious. I thought the only way to stop him from stalking me was to just end it. I popped a bunch of pills, and I went to sleep hoping they would kill me. Instead, Jason snuck into my room with a camera, turned it on, and started doing awful things to me. I was left alone the next morning dizzy, next to a pool of blood and throbbing pain. The worst part is, I didn't even know he took a video until a year later, when I found it online myself, and over a thousand people had already seen it as well..."

I looked away, not wanting Savannah to see the tears now running down my face. At the corner of my eye, I could see her hesitating to put a hand on my shoulder to comfort me, but then deciding to just put her hand down. "Brooke, I'm really sorry." I said. "But why would you harass me by being this A person? I thought you were done with the drama." "I was until Jason manipulated me back into it." I said. "He had found out that I was A in the first place, and he wanted to team up with me to help ruin your life. At first I told him I wouldn't, but then he told me what he did to you, and reminded me about the video of me. He said he would send it to everyone on campus if I didn't do what he said. Eventually, I decided I didn't care anymore, and that's why I warned you about Jerika."

I stood up from my bed, and Savannah did the same. "Once again, I know saying sorry isn't enough, and I don't expect you to forgive me because frankly, I can't even forgive myself, but I truly am sorry for everything." I said, now not even caring that Savannah saw the tears come down. "Now that I've told you all of this, I have to leave. I can't imagine what Jason would do to me now that he knows I told you. I suggest you leave too, not forever, but at least until some of this drama dies down. You should go home with Sage, get married, have a romantic honeymoon, have some kids, take a short break to be happy for once. You deserve it."

Without even thinking, I gave Savannah a little hesitant side hug, and grabbed the bags I had packed the night before. Just as I was about to walk out the door, I stopped to turn to Savannah. "And Savannah, if anyone asks, tell them I'm dead. I know Jason will just find a way to find me some how..."

And with that I left the building, leaving everything behind...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Savannah-

"So that's it? She just walked out?" Sage said as he walked me back to my dorm room. "She was scared Sage." I said. "And frankly, I don't blame her." Sage and I walked over to the coach, and he put his arm around my shoulder. "Sage, maybe we should just run away for awhile." I said. "Brooke told me I should take a little break to find happiness. I think maybe you and I should go to our house and take some time to relax for a while. After all, our wedding is in just a few weeks. It'll give us plenty of time alone together without the pressure of school." I seductively put my legs over his and grabbed a hold of the top of his shirt, looking deep into his ocean blue eyes.

He chuckled and gave me a quick peck on the lips. "I think it's a great idea." He said. He picked me up bridal style and spinned me around with a huge smile on his face. "Let's start packing!"

(TBC)