Chapter 31: Us

(Hayley's Pov

I've said it a million times, I love Cody Simpson. I love him enough to go against my better judgement and ignore the fact that he needs help. Not anymore. I had enough time to go over this relationship shattering decision long enough. Months had gone by and I ignored the fact that Cody was sick. I told myself over and over that it was just the stress and finding a good job to support us but it wasn't. The decision on what exactly to do with Cody's life was not set in stone but for mine it was. I hated college, it bored the hell out of me. I was given a job to work as a receptionist and work wherever they needed me at Emerson. By the end of the month (during summer) I'll be sitting back in the place where everything started.

Cody and I had our fights but we where strong as a team. Individually we looked like a freak show barley keeping our lives together. Couples fight all the time and Cody and I seemed to make-up after a few hours. I was going to get Cody help even if it means putting him back in Emerson.

Before I could even finish my sentence my mom had screamed yes. She wanted her daughter back home so bad, and I missed them too. I smiled through the phone and pulled the blankets closed to me and I heard a door shut. I look at the time, 1am and say my goodbyes before ending my FaceTime call. I sit up in our bed as I hear footsteps down the hall. I let out a sigh of relief when Cody came in.

"Hey." I say and he ignored me going into the bathroom and locking the door. I waited for him to get out but he never did so I walked over to the bathroom and knocked I heard him curse.

"Codes? Are you okay? You've been in there for almost two hours." I say grabbing the door knob and yanking on it.

"Give me a minute Hayley." He replied back. I sighed and stepped back looking over at the clock wishing he'd just come to bed. He opened the door in just his boxers and pulled me in for a kiss.

"Hey." I say pulling away.

"Why are you still up?" He asks wrapping his arms around me.

"I was waiting for you." I say and he placed his lips back on mine with a smile.

I place my hands on his chest leaning in closer to him as his hands tail down my back to my hips as his fingers slip beneath his cotton shirt I was wearing as the other groped my ass. I sigh knowing it's been so long since he last touched me. He hand slips further up, his fingertips tracing the outline of my breasts and he kisses me harder. His hand slips up again, gliding over my breasts as his other hand rests on my bare back. I brake from he kiss and he pulls the shirt over my hand leaving us only in our underwear. His lips come back onto mine as he pushes us back and onto the bed. My hands run through his blonde hair as we undress what's left of our clothes. My nails dung into the back of his shoulders as he hit hot breath hit my neck whispering profanity here and there while we slowly made love all night.

________

"Why'd you leave the party so early?" Tony asked.

"Yeah who was that weird guy?" Zach asked and I shrugged leaning my head back on Zach's arm that was around me.

"It's complicated." I sigh, I could've easily vented about Cody to Zach like so many times before but he didn't know he was my boyfriend he was my cousin to Zach. Plus there was actually nothing to vent about Cody, this last week had been nothing but mind blowing sex and the softer side of Cody had made an appearance.

When we finished lunch Zach and I went to park that was nearby and walked around till almost dark when my phone was blowing up with calls and texts with Cody. I turned it off because I had to tell Zach something important.