Chapter 30: Fun

Montana

The past two weeks was to be Cody's and I strongest time since escaping Emerson. Cody didn't work and every spare moment we had was spent in-between the sheets. I guess you could say we where finally happy for once, nothing seemed to matter anymore. I knew Cody wasn't taking his medication anymore and he was as stubborn as a mule.

He didn't care anymore which scared me, and he was deteriorating. I knew I shouldn't push my limits with him but I did it anyways. There was a party and Cody didn't want me going. But I went.

The house was packed as Zach led me through the front door. Him and his roommates held the party and I smiled back at him when he looked back at me.

"Ryan! This is Hayley-"

"Your the girl he's been going mad over!" He yelled over the music pulling me into a hug. Zach rolled his eyes as we pulled away.

"Want a drink?" Zach said and I nodded grabbing his hand as he lead me through the crowd to the kitchen.

"Is it always this packed?" I said looking back at the house party crowd.

"Yeah, Ryan's kinda popular."

"Kinda? His mom is the mayor and his dad is the sheriff!" Another guy came in and opened a beer with a laugh.

"This is my other roommate Tony." We shook hands and I sipped the drink Zach gave me.

"How long have you all know each other?"

"He's been at uni for five years. He's got a twin sister that's head of a sorority. But, like 3 years."

"Ryan and I were friends before I came to college here." Zach said and I nodded understanding.

The hours ticked on and I was on my second drink while everyone else exploited their drunk bed around me. Zach had let loose and I was watching him dance laughing at his ridiculous moves when he caught me. I liked Zach he was fun to be around but I had a boyfriend and I couldn't cheat on Cody.

After joining me, Ryan and Toby had followed suit and were talking about the next party thinking it should be dress up while I laughed and occasionally put my two sense in.

There were things you where allowed to do and things you weren't in a relationship. One of the things you aren't supposed to do is show up and drag your girlfriend out like your her father that caught her sneaking out. It wasn't like him at all. Cody had show up out of the blue, he hid his face but I recognized him.

"I'll be back." I said to Zach making my way over to the only guy who had a hoodie over his head. "What are you doing here?" I yelled at him and he grabbed my arm.

"Coming to get you, let's go." He said and I yanked my arm away from him. "Hayley your drunk let's go home." He said and I shook my head I wasn't drunk, I wasn't near it either. He grabbed my head and leaned over to my ear. "Get in the car you've already drawn to much attention to us." I looked around and he was right. Zach and his friends where looking at us and a couple on the couch where eavesdropping. I let him drag me to the car and he let go of my hand as we reached the rental and I opened my door for myself.

Once Cody parked at the house I quickly got out of the car and started walking up the driveway.

"Don't walk away from me Hayley! We have to talk about this!"

"I don't have to talk to you about anything!"

"Hayley stop!" He yelled, I stopped and waited for him. I wasn't standing there too long with His long strides and all. He didn't stop but he grabbed my hand and pulled me into our home.