Part 80

Rain's pov 

The sound of people laughing and messing around fills my ears, my eyes glancing around the crowded food court. A half-eaten Hotteok sits in front of Ami as she stares at the table in front of her, her hands in her lap. She has been in the same position since about an hour ago, her head low as she stares at her food.

I had taken her to the closest bathroom as soon as Taehyung had left, not wanting anyone to continue staring at her the way that they were. We had stayed in there for another half an hour just waiting for her tears to stop. I had her wash her face after she was done before taking her to the food court, sitting down across from her. I asked her if she wanted to go home, but she had refused.

"I'm sorry" she whispers quietly, sniffling her nose. She looks up at me with a small smile on her face, her cheeks and nose still bright red from her crying earlier. "I didn't mean for you to see us fighting like that."

"Its ok Ami. I'm just worried about you right now" I say as I reach across the table and hold one of her hands in mine. She smiles at me as I try and comfort her, probably just grateful for the moral support.

"Ami........" I hesitate, not sure wether I should bring anything up right now, especially after what happened. She looks at me expectantly and I clear my throat, glancing around nervously.

"I don't mean to intrude......but what were you guys fighting about?"

I'm surprised when she laughs. She takes her hand back and takes a bite of her Hotteok, seemingly in a better mood than she was before. I am momentarily stunned by her recovery, blinking slowly as I try and make sense of it all.

"He's never home anymore. I know that its because of his job, but I don't like it. It gets lonely in the house, and I miss him being there. I don't even understand why he is working so hard. As soon as we get married, my father is passing down his company to Taehyung anyway."

My eyes widen at the news, shocked at what I found out. Tae never said anything about that. Why would he keep that a secret from us? That is such big news, and he was just going to let us find out on our own? That is something that he should be proud of, not ashamed of.

"That's great! I didn't know your father was so nice."

She shakes her head, "he doesn't want to give Taehyung the company. In fact, I don't even think he likes Taehyung. He is only doing it because he already said that whoever marries me gets to be in charge."

What? Why would someone put the success of their company onto someone that they don't even know yet? He would really promise his company to whoever Ami married? What sort of parent does that anyway?

I am about to ask her that when a shadow falls over our table. I look up and immediately groan, rolling my eyes as Namjoon smirks down at me. Why is he always at the mall when I am here? Does he have nothing better to do with his life?

"Hey Namjoon" Ami says with a smile, waving at the incredibly tall guy. I frown at her, surprised that she even knows him at all. She sees my look and laughs, patting Namjoon on the arm.

"Namjoon is my doctor. I actually had an appointment with him a couple of days ago."

"That's right" Namjoon says as he slides into the seat next to me, causing me to scoot away from him. "I was just stopping by to ask how Taehyung took the news."

I freeze, looking over at Ami in confusion.

"What news?" I ask, watching as the smile slips off of her face. She bites her lip before glancing at me, obviously upset at the situation.

"Taehyung has always wanted children. He would always go on and on about how his dream was to start a family with the woman that he loved."

I blink slowly, still not catching on to what she is going on about. Yes, Taehyung wants a family. What has that got to do with the news Ami has?

"I can't do that for Taehyung because I'm infertile."