Part 36

A/N: this is the last time I will be writing in Taehyung's pov for a while

Taehyung's pov

My head rests against the window of the car as we drive away from the house that I grew up in. Away from the place I had made my two best friends. Away from the school where I had met my first true love. Why did I have to say all of those things to her? I could feel my heart breaking as she had cried because of me, something that I had promised myself I would never make her do. She had yelled and screamed for me to come back, but I didn't even turn around. It hurt too much.

I watch the cars as they pass by on the left side of the car as we come to a four way stop, just waiting or the light to turn green for us. I suddenly sit up straight and press my nose against the glass window, my eyes wide as I stare at the figure standing on the side of the road. I am about to roll my window down when the car lurches forward, making me rock backwards and into my seat. I sit back up and can do nothing but watch as Rain rubs at her eyes tiredly before turning down the street that would take her to my house.

I instantly regret saying all of those horrid things to her, but it was for the best. I have already blocked her number from my phone, not wanting it to hurt more than it has to. I am no good for her so far away. She just needs to forget about me.

I reach for my backpack that is sitting right next to me on the seat, pulling it closer to me before opening it. I root around in it for a while before my eyebrows crease in confusion. Where did it go? I start to panic when I can't find it, practically dumping everything out and onto the seat so that I can look for it. Where did the picture go?

The one picture that I had of us that I actually saved is gone. I thought that I had put it in my backpack, but I guess I was wrong. I try and think back to where I could have left it, my head resting behind me as I think. I remember taking it off of my bedside table and placing it on my pillow before turning to putting all of the rest of my stuff into my backpack, planning on putting it in last so that it didn't get destroyed or messed with on the drive there. I must have forgotten to put it in.

My eyes widen as I immediately think of Rain. She knows where I keep my spare key. She will no doubt go inside and see that everything is gone when she does. I just hope that she doesn't go into my room and find the picture still there because it would hurt her more than I could ever want. I lean my head back against the window as I watch the city fly by, closing my eyes as a tear falls down my cheek.

I'm so sorry Rain, but this is for the best. I love you......