Part 52

Rain's pov

I get off of the bus that I took to get to the mall, seeing as I sadly can't drive and Hoseok was too tired to drive me, and walk towards the entrance. I make sure to adjust my skirt before continuing on my way though, not wanting to accidentally flash someone or something.

I look around for a little while, trying to ignore the stares that I a getting from some of the other people there who are probably wondering why I am looking around like I am lost. Someone does catch my eye though, making me temporarily freeze before I continue my search for Ami.

"No....no no no, please no" I whisper pathetically when the said person whom I had looked at starts walking over to where I am standing. I close my eyes and take a deep breath before calming myself down, preparing myself to act civil for a little while.

"Rain? Is that really you?"

"Hey Namjoon.....long time no see."

Why did he have to come up to me? I watch as he smiles at me, his dimples making an appearance. I do admit that I used to find Namjoon really attractive, and I would be lying if I said that I don't anymore as well. His hair is brown with a sort of green undertone now, his eyes holding more mysteriousness than mischievousness. I still remember when he tried to kiss me in the library though, that incident the whole reason Taehyung and I got together the way we did in the first place.

"Fancy running into you here, huh? You look amazing by the way" he says coyly, adding a wink for emphasis. I admit that Namjoon is rather charming, but I am getting a serious "flirting" vibe from him right now. He hasn't changed much in that aspect of things.

"Thank you. You look great yourself as well."

He looks at the ground with a smile before stepping a little bit closer to me. I can't help but get a little bit anxious about the lack of space between us, clearing my throat as I take an inconspicuous step backwards.

"Do you remember when I tried to kiss you in high school?" he says casually, not deterred by me moving back. 

"Yeah.....didn't you have a girlfriend?" I say while crossing my arms across my chest. He chuckles as he takes another step towards me, my feet moving me backwards yet again.

"No. I only said that so that you would feel more comfortable agreeing to tutor me. The truth is, I had the biggest crush on you back then."

Oh.....so that's why he asked me to help him. I later learned that he was having no trouble at all in that class when the teacher asked me to help with grading papers after school. In fact, we were tied as the two students with the highest scores. Even though I know that it was a while ago, I can't help but blush. It's not every day someone from high school comes up and tells you that they used to have a crush on you.

"Rain! Sorry I'm late!" Ami yells as she runs towards us, the slight heel on her ankle boots clicking slightly on the tile flooring. I can't help but sigh in relief, glad that she is here to take me away. I turn to Namjoon before inclining my head slightly out of respect since he is older than me, a small smile on my face.

"Goodbye Namjoon, it was nice to see you again."

His smile turns into a smirk as he starts to walk away, not even turning around to look where he is going. He waves at me as he does so, his look starting to creep me out.

"Don't worry Rain. We'll see each other again."