Part 67

"Hoseokie! I'm home jagiya!"

I hold onto the doorframe as I struggle to take off my shoes with all of the bags that are currently in my hands, my bangs getting in the way. I smile as I finally succeed, my bare feet tingling as the cold from the tile at the front of Hoseok's apartment seeps into the exposed skin.

"You're back!" Hoseok yells from the bedroom, the sound of his sock-padded feet filling my ears. I smile as he rushes up to me with his workout clothes still on, the bags in my hands crinkling as they shift.

"What do you think you are doing holding all those bags? You shouldn't overexert yourself like that."

I scoff as he scolds me and takes the bags from my hands.

"Gosh oppa. I'm pregnant, not sickly. I can hold a few bags without keeling over."

I roll my eyes as he ignores me, promptly dropping to his knees and pressing his ear against my stomach. 

It has been about a month since I told my friends about the pregnancy, and I had a paternity test taken within that time. I knew deep down that it was Taehyung's, but I still got it done. If there was any chance at all that Hoseok could be the father, I wanted to find out. 

Hoseok isn't the biological father. I wished that he was, but luck was not on my side. He told me that it didn't matter though. He told me that as long as he was able to be in his or her life, that being related by blood didn't matter to him. He would love him/her just the same.

"Ok ok, enough already. I just got back from work and I need to sit down."

He reluctantly gets up off of the ground while he grumbles about me not letting him talk to the embryo growing inside of me. I can't help but laugh as he scoops me up off of my feet and sits down on the sofa with me perched on his lap, my arms wrapping around his shoulders.

"What are the bags for anyway?" he asks as he eyes them suspiciously. 

"Don't play dumb" I say with a slight laugh. "You know I would never forget that your birthday is tomorrow."

His eyes light up like the little kid that he is, his breathtaking smile filling his face while simultaneously lighting up the room. His look of joy as he looks at all the bags I brought in brings a smile onto my face as well as I look up at the most beautiful man I have ever seen.

"Wait. I have to talk to you first."

Oh god. This can't be good...

"What is it" I ask as I peer at his suddenly sullen face inquisitively. His eyes are no longer filled with childlike awe as he avoids my gaze, his bottom lip captured between his teeth.

"The guys and I have been talking......and we really think that you should tell Taehyung about the baby."

When he looks up to see what my reaction to his words is, I turn my head. My hands fall from his shoulders to rest on my lap, my head down as I look at the carpet beneath my feet.

"I told you guys why I didn't want to" I say softly, a slight tremor in my voice. When he speaks again, his voice holds so much frustration that it makes me look at him, my eyes wide at how serious he is about this.

"Yes. You told us that you didn't want to break up his and Ami's relationship, but we all know that that isn't the whole truth. You're scared Rain. You're scared of what he might say when you tell him. You're scared that he will either not believe you, or blame you for what happened. You're scared that he'll call your baby a mistake."

My chest feels tight. It feels as if it is taking everything in me just to breathe, it extremely difficult to get oxygen into my lungs. My lip quivers as he stares at me with his sad eyes, him already knowing the answer before I even say it.

"You're right" I whisper, blinking rapidly to dispel any tears that threaten to fall from my eyes. His arms wrap around me as he holds me against his chest, the soothing motion putting me slightly at ease.

"You're right Hoseok. I'm scared that he will call our child a mistake. I don't want to be hurt by him any more than I already have been. But I will tell him" I say as I look into his eyes. 

"It's the right thing to do."

Hello my lovelies. 

I wanted to say that I am sorry that I haven't been updating my stories lately. Some really crazy things happened to my family, nothing too extreme though. Everything has been so hectic lately, and I have not been able to update anything as much as I want to. I will continue updating as much as I can now that things have sort of calmed down.

I love y'all. Make sure you comment, and don't do drugs babz