Part 44

Rain's pov

"Ok ok ok. Do it again."

I roll my eyes before forcing myself to stop smiling so wide. I close my eyes but can still feel his gaze on the side of my face, that fact alone making me want to start laughing again. I take a deep breath and calm my features before I do what he is so excited to see from me, not even sure why I am even doing this in the first place. I turn my face back towards Hoseok as I do the aegyo that he wanted me to, his face breaking into a smile.

"Oh my god. My heart is....my heart is oh my god."

I can't stop laughing, my stomach starting to hurt. There has not been a dull moment between the two of us during the whole time we have been together. It has taken us at least three hours just in the restaurant alone, us having way too much fun to even consider rushing through our meal. We have been getting a lot of weird looks from everyone in here, but we don't really care. We are having way too much fun.

"Thank you guys for eating here, enjoy the rest of your night" the waitress says as soon as she sets our receipt back down on the table, smiling at us before she leaves. Hoseok and I make eye contact before placing our hands against our mouths, trying to muffle our laughter. Earlier, she had asked us what we were celebrating today because we looked so happy. Hoseok had the wonderful idea of telling her that we just got engaged, leading to her squealing before giving us a free desert. Now, it's sort of our inside joke that we are about to get married.

We stand before leaving the restaurant, his hand going into mine again. By now, it feels almost natural in mine, only tiny bit of butterflies flying around in my stomach. They reappear as soon as he smiles at me though, making me become a flustered mess. We walk down the street on the way back to where I live, the date coming to a close.

We had decided to walk around before stopping to eat, getting to know each other along the way. He is actually really easy for me to talk to. It is as if I have known him for years rather than the hours that I have been talking to him for. We stayed out later than I had originally thought we did. The night air is cold as we walk, the streetlights the only mean of lighting for us besides the light coming from the apartment and the cars passing us on the street.

"Do you mind if I get your number?" I l ask cautiously, not wanting to make the first move, yet not wanting to lose contact with him. Even if nothing does happen between us romantically, I do want to keep Hoseok as a friend. He nods before taking his phone out of his pocket, taking mine while I type in my information. Our hands brush when we hand them back to each other, causing me to look down at my shoes bashfully.

It is silent as we walk through the apartments, stopping once we get to my door.

"Do you want to come in? I'm pretty sure Jimin is still awake." He smiles as he shakes his head, taking one of my hands in his. I shyly tuck a strand of hair behind my ear as he comes closer to me, awfully aware of the dwindling space between us.

"I had a really nice time tonight Rain. I would also really like to do this again some time."

I bite my lip as I nod, bashfully looking up and into his eyes as he grows closer to me. I can feel his breath against my mouth as he leans in closer to me, tilting his head as our lips brush against each other. The kiss is soft, barely there really. My eyes flutter shut as his hand rests softly on my cheek, my hands suspended awkwardly in front of my chest.

He pulls away before waving, smiling softly at me as he walks back down the hallway. I go inside before closing the door, resting against the cool metal. I can't keep the smile off of my face, my hand reaching up to lightly touch my lips. I feel giddy inside, my face warm as I press my palms against them. Jung Hoseok huh? Maybe he is what I needed.