Fight or Flight, Love or Hate, To Live or Die

Kara POV

I woke up to the feeling of someone stroking my hair, my Lena was stroking my hair and looking at me with loving eyes, her raven hair was down, allowing the hair to relish on her shoulders, she thought I was still sleeping with my eyes closed, she had planted a kiss on my forehead and kisses me softly on the lips. I moaned softly in her mouth on the taste of her, her vanilla scent, her beautiful emerald eyes, her soft skin, her beautiful body, her raven hair, everything was hitting me at once

"Kara" She whispered softly

"Mmm" I groaned softly

"Wake up" She whispered

"Five more minutes with you " I whispered, wrapping my arm around her and putting my face in her neck, breathing in her vanilla scent.

"Okay baby, just five more minutes " She whispered, closing her eyes and keeping her lips pressed against my forehead.

An hour later, we finally got out of bed, it was 7:45 am so we had gotten our shower and eaten breakfast in soft conversation, talking about the news, it was a quiet day so I really didn't need to be supergirl today, I had felt Lena's forehead and she was completely back to normal, no fever, no coughs, no vomiting, how do humans get so sick?

We had gotten some casual clothes on and took a walk to stretch our legs, I grabbed our purses and we walked out.

"Kara?" Lena asked me

"Hmm?" I hummed in response

"Do you think we have a choice in the world?" She asked me.

"I don't understand babe, what do you mean?" I asked, stopping and sitting on a bench and looking at the shimmering water.

"I mean like, do we have a choice in the world? In the general sense" she responded

"I think I can try to answer that to the best of my ability" I compromised

"Okay" she responded

"I think that, in the general sense, yes we have a choice in the world, it's kinda like this I suppose, you make the choice to fight everyday, or fight, fly away from your problems, I choose to fight for this world, not fly away because it's convenient for me, I do what my heart chooses to do, not just for me, but for the people I love."

She smiled

"Another choice that I choose to do is love or hate, I can hate the people  that took away my real parents from and changed my life for what I thought would be the worst, and live a life full of hate, anger, and regrets, but I don't, what's the point of being mad at something that nobody could expect, or fix, instead, I choose to love, my life had changed because I have an amazing family, an awesome sister, and you and Emily, why would I hate the world if I have everything that I could ask for and more? So my choice would be to love"

She smiled softly, blushing a bit.

"And the biggest one that would be made to me would be to live, or die. Live the rest of your life to the fullest, without any possibility of the future, and the only thing that you would know is your past, and now, or... You die, to each's own reason, but with dying, comes with a cost, you die with uncertainty, the urge to know what happened to your family members, their lives, or just to know the world in general, see what technology was built, or how the weather was that day, the simple stuff like that, the cost of uncertainty, and regret that you chose to die." I finished

She put a hand on top of mine, and kissed my lips softly.

"I know I've made my choice." I said

"And that is?" She asked with a smile

"I choose to live, not because the world needs Supergirl, that's only a part of it, I want to be more than just Supergirl, I want to be Kara, not Journalist Kara Danvers, even though that is a perk, I just want to be Kara Danvers, your wife, a mom, a sister, and that's what I am, well other than the wife part, which I hope will happen soon." I said, looking at the water.

"Hmmm, I think I get it now baby"She said

"And that is?" I asked

"We do have choices, but it depends what fate and destiny have in store for us, they have the keys to fate and gives it to us, but in the end, all they do is give us the tools, it's up to us for what we use those tools to make, wether it's a good life or a bad life, it's up to you on what that life is and what you choose to do after it." She said looking at the water also .

I laid my head on her shoulder and felt her arms wrap around me securely.

"Ready to go home?" She asked softly, kissing my forehead, I nodded and got up, intertwining our fingers, she had gotten up also and started to walk home with me.

"So... what's going to happen today?"
She asked me.

"Umm, close your eyes" I whispered softly

She closed them softly and I kissed her lips, I leaned into her ear

"Hold out both of your hands baby" I whispered again

She did as she was told, and I had put a box in her hand, a necklace, my home world necklace, with a blue crystal. And a sliver chain.

"Open them" I said smiling

She did as told and looked at it. She gasped softly and kissed my lips passionately, I grabbed the box and put the necklace on her.

"I'll always wear it" she whispered

"It's a custom of mine, that if you were engaged to be married, the younger, would give a betrothal necklace to their soon to be partner." I whispered, kissing her forehead.

"I haven't asked, how old are you baby?" She asked me

"It's difficult babe, I had been stuck in a phantom zone for a good 24 years." I mumbled

"So I'm 28, your 27" she said softly

"So I'm the youngest" I said smiling

"And I'm the old one" She said smiling also

"Your my old one" I whispered, leaning in for a kiss, as she gladly accepted.

We did have choices, to love or hate? Fight or Flight? Live or die? We make those choices everyday, those are the biggest choices we make, and Lena and I's choice, will always remain.

To Fight

To Love

To Live