Touchy Subjects and Pushing Buttons

Lena Pov:

"Kara, I just want to know that your ok." I said to Kara, while I was working at L-Corp.

"Lena. When I say I'm fine, I'm fine. I'm supergirl, I have to be fine." She replied, I rolled my eyes at my almost wife's stubbornness.

"You don't have to be fine Kara, I just want to know if your ok." I sighed out. She's hiding something and it's pissing me off to no end.

"Can we talk about this at home?" She asked before a knock on the door came in.

"Come in" I said, Emily walked in softly and sat on the couch, starting her homework.

"Kara, yes we can. But I want to know as soon as Emily goes to her room." I whispered. I walked over to Emily and gave her a kiss on the cheek.

"What were you guys talking about?" Emily asked, looking at the both of us.

"It's nothing sweetie..." I said

"Is it me? I'm keeping my grades up, I'm not slipping!" She said panicked.
I put my hands on her shoulders.

"Sweetie.... your grades are stellar, as I assume. It's just something me and momma have to figure out for something." I said.

"Okay" She replied before putting her glasses on.

"Try to finish everything ok? If you don't I'll keep you in from school tomorrow so you can finish." I said getting up, walking over to my desk. She nodded in response. I looked over at Kara tapping her perfect nails on her light skin.

"Is something wrong or am I just annoying the hell out of you today?" I asked, grabbing paperwork and signing them.

"No, if you could just leave me alone over that one little mistake at night-" I cut her off.

" Emily?" I asked, she looked up.

"Yeah?" She answered.

"Can you go downstairs to the first floor and see if there's any more papers ?" I asked. She nodded in response.

When she closed the door, I looked at Kara pissed.

" What the hell is your problem?" I asked.

"Why do you keep bringing up Mon-el?" She asked.

"You know why." I said

"Honestly I don't!" She yelled, making me jump in surprise, she never yelled

"Kara.." I said calmly" I just want to know what happened, I'm not going to be upset, I just wanna know." I said, trying to calm her down.

"He hurt me Lena, he broke me, he hit me, saying that I'm not supergirl, I'm just a fake! " she screamed out. I softened my face and went to touch the scar on her forehead.

"Kara...." I started to say "You keeping this all in?" I asked softly

"I- I thought you were going to leave me" She said, a tear rolling down her face, she had night terrors of him, Mon-el is going to die.

"It's ok, I'm still here." I said, pulling her into a hug, caressing her blonde locks, kissing it occasionally.

"Let's go home ok? We can just relax" I proposed. She nodded wordlessly and grabbed her things. Emily had walked in by then, she turned to me.

"We're leaving?" She asked me, I nodded softly.

"Is momma ok?" She asked. I sighed softly at the question. She pushed up her glasses just like Kara does, she's so much like her.

"Baby.... I wish I could answer that, I pushed mommas buttons, and I have to apologize, really good to make her feel better." I said.

"Should we give her potstickers? Ice cream? We are on operation Make Kara feel better!" She yelled out. I laughed lightly and shushed her.

"How about all the above?" I suggested with a smile.

"Ok!" She said smiling.

We walked out and ordered potstickers and the preniuuin Rocky road ice cream.

"Mom?" Emily asked.

"Yes sweetheart" I replied

"Is momma really going to be ok?" She asked me.

"Baby..." I started but was cut off

"I know you said you pushed buttons but... what were those buttons, I didn't even know momma had buttons....and why did you push them." She asked.

"Remember when you were keeping the secret that you blamed yourself for Wes and Kara?" I asked, she nodded

"It's a little bit like that, but for her it's... something with her boyfriend." I sighed out.

"Momma's Cheating?!" She yelled out. I jumped realizing what I said.

"Sorry! Poor Choice of words! I meant ex, her ex- boyfriend." I corrected myself.

"Oh, ok" she said softly

"Her ex.... done a lot of things to her...some that I wish I could've saved her from if I had known about it sooner." I said sadly, "And I pushed her to answer those questions, and I realized she wasn't ready, so she got upset. And I feel so bad about it and I want to make it up to her." I finished. I saw Emily in tears.

"That's relationship goals" she choked out. I laughed.

"What am I going to do with you?!" I said laughing, she wiped her tears and laughed along with me.

I pulled up to our house and opened the door, I walked up to the kitchen and put the potstickers on a plate and ice cream in the freezer.

"Finish your homework and I'll tell you if the operation goes well." I said.

She ran up to her room and started her homework while I went in my room and saw Kara on the floor crying softly. I put the potstickers down and touched her lightly and put her on my lap. Letting her cry into my shirt. I grabbed a potsticker and she snatched it and put it in her mouth. I sighed

"Kara... I'm sorry." I apologized, I knew it wasn't going to cut it but I wanted to see if she would come with a remark, but she just grabbed the potsticker plate and ate in silence.

"Kara...I'm sorry I pushed you into answering my questions, I didn't know that it would be a big deal that you could answer anything about Mon-El because.... you loved him." I sighed out. "I remember the time that you came to my dinner with him and he was so jealous of me,but you defended me, I was so happy. But I saw the sleeves on your arms... it was a warm day but I thought something was wrong. Realizing that incident. He hurt you, and I'm sorry that I didn't do anything about it..." I finished getting up, leaving the plate on the floor.

I walked into Emily's room and saw her on her laptop, looking up subjects.

"Hey sweetie" I said softly. She looked up with a soft smile on her face, but turned to worry.

"What's wrong?" She asked, I shook my head, I looked at my baby bump.

"Can you keep a secret?" I asked