3. Discoveries

A Mercedes-Maybach stood waiting on the tarmac as Lorne guided Valerie down the steps of the plane, and the chauffeur opened the door when they approached. They settled into the car, and as their luggage was being loaded, Lorne asked, "Do you know Lausanne?"

"Only from presenting at a trade show a few years ago." She shook her head. "You know how those are. Never had a chance to see anything but the meeting rooms, the convention floor and my hotel room."

"Yup! I've done too many of those."

"I remember I had to fly to Geneva and then take a hire car from there."

"That's another benefit of private planes. We can use the small airports. The Convention Centre is only four or five minutes from here."

"And where is Crissier?"

"About four kilometres northwest, but there's no decent accommodation up there. We're staying down on the lake shore, four kilometres south."

Twelve minutes later, as the chauffeur stopped in front of Beau-Rivage Palace, Lorne squeezed Valerie's hand and nodded out the windows. "Here's home for the next two days."

Valerie stepped out when the car door opened. "Looks comfortable even from here." She took Lorne's offered arm, and he led her into the hotel lobby, the bellhop following with their luggage.

As they walked toward the reception desk, Lorne patted her hand and asked, "Separate rooms?"

"Only if you wish."

"My wish is for you to feel comfortable. I've booked an adjoining room so you can retreat through the door if you feel the need."

"Whatever makes you comfortable." She squeezed his arm. "This is a big step for you."

Lorne blew out a deep breath. "Very big."

"It might be better if you had a place to which to retreat."

"True." Then with a grin, he added, "That had been part of my plan."

A few minutes later, the Guest Services Manager unlocked the door to their suite, led them in and gave a tour of the rooms and facilities. As he finished, he said, "You'll find the patios are a bit chilly this time of the year, but your rooftop terrace is sheltered and has radiant heaters."

After the manager had left, Valerie stood staring at Lorne in silence

After the manager had left, Valerie stood staring at Lorne in silence. He's still timid. Oh, God! Should I initiate? Don't want to appear too eager. 

She nodded toward the Champagne in the ice bucket. "We could have some bubbles. We both need to relax." She turned and wrapped her arms around him, pressing her body into his, humming a quiet sigh as she did.

"I can call down for a platter of things to nibble."

We could nibble on each other. "There's a small selection on the table, under the cheese bell." Valerie tilted her head toward it, then brushed her lips across his before they locked in a deep kiss.

A passionate minute later, when they released the kiss, she took his hand and led him across the room. "Start with Champagne. See where it leads." She picked up the bottle, removed the foil and the cage, and then eased the cork out with a quiet hiss.

"You're good at that."

"Thank you." Valerie poured wine into the two flutes Lorne held toward her. "I've been told a Champagne cork should come out with the same sound as the sigh of a contented woman." She sighed and looked into his eyes, smiling. 

"To us." He clinked his glass on hers. After they drank to the toast, he nodded toward the couch. "I should eat. It's a long time since I've had anything." 

She smiled as she thought. Long time since I've had any. Far too long. Oh, God! So hot for him. "Yes, it has been a long time."

They sat on the couch, nibbling from the cheese board and the basket of breads as they sipped Champagne and carried on a light banter. Valerie subtly guided the topic toward their relationship and where it might lead.

When Lorne realised what she was talking about, he blushed. "You'll have to guide me. I have no experience."

"Since Gwen?"

"Since ever." He ran his fingers through his hair. "She was from a strict Catholic family, and she had been inculcated with the idea of remaining a virgin until marriage."

"So, you and she never?"

He shook his head.

"And before you met her?"

"I was an academic nerd through school and into university, I didn't even notice girls until Gwen."

"So, you're a virgin?"

He nodded again and blushed.

"Do you want to remain one?"

"Not since I became infatuated with you."

She leaned and kissed him, and he took the kiss deeper as his hands explored. When they finally separated, she sat panting. "Well, you certainly have those parts of the act down pat."

"That's all she allowed." He grinned. "You'll have to show me the next steps."

"I'll guide you, but you'll find the steps are all natural instincts." Her face evolved into a sublime smile as she continued, "At its finest, it's worshipping our partner's body and soul and wallowing in the exquisite sensations of giving pleasure to each other."

"Oh, my. The way you make it sound. How do we start?"

"We already have. Our brains are our primary sex organs, and they send messages to the right places at the right times." She nodded toward his lap. "We need to free that before it rips your trousers."

He glanced down and blushed. "I've had difficulty keeping it in check the past while."

"Hard not to notice." She hummed as she stared at the bulge. Surely, that's not all him. Must be the folds in his trousers. "We could begin by examining each other. Did you ever do that as a child?"

"With the girl down the street." He laughed. "I was curious why she couldn't pee against the garden wall like me, and she wanted to know how I could."

Valerie nodded as she finished savouring another sip. "I did almost the same thing when I was six. Most of us likely did variations of this in our early years."

"It was the summer before I started school."

"And after that?"

"After that, what?"

"When was the next time you investigated a girl's parts."

"A short while from now, if you'll allow me."

Valerie stood and took Lorne's hand as she nodded toward the bedroom. "Come. It's well past time."