chapter 35: Prom

Tonight was a very special night for Angelica and Thomas. Tonight was prom night. It also was the night Thomas was going to propose to Angelica. What Angelica didn't know is that he entered Angelica and him into prom queen and king. If they won he would propose to her onstage in front of everyone.

Thomas's father walked into Thomas's old room. Angelica and Thomas decided to get dressed for prom at their parents house so they wouldn't see each other.
"My little boy. Well you aren't a little boy anymore you're a man now. Shit you're a father." Thomas's father said.
"Dad can you help me with my tie I can't get it right?" Thomas asked.
Thomas's father nodded.

"Dad I'm scared what if Angelica says no." Thomas vented.
Mr.Jefferson started to tie Thomas's tie.
"Angelica loves you Thomas she won't." Mr.Jefferson assured.
"But what if she-"
"Thomas I don't want to hear that nonsense Angelica loves you if she didn't she wouldn't have had a child with you." Mr.Jefferson said. "If she didn't love you she wouldn't have stuck with you for so long."
Thomas nodded.
"You're right dad." Thomas said as he gave his dad a hug.

"Mom are you sure you can handle Skye?" Angelica asked.
Catherine nodded.
"Angelica I've had 3 babies before this one isn't anything new." Catherine said.
Sighing Angelica looked at herself in the mirror.
"Something wrong?" Catherine asked.
"It's just that this is the first time people will see me ever since I went into labor. What if they look at me differently?" Angelica asked.
"Angelica this is prom the biggest night of everyone's life I doubt anybody will sacrifice their fun just to make fun of you." Catherine said.

Angelica nodded.
"You know what mom you're right." Angelica said.
After giving her mom a hug. Angelica walked into the front yard where her mom took pictures of her. Again the. neighbors were staring. The experience reminded Angelica of her 8th grade dance.
suddenly Angelica heard a car honk turning around Angelica saw a long black limo.
Thomas stepped out and smiled at angelica.
"Cmon m'lady." Thomas said.
Angelica felt so flattered.

After giving her mom and dad kisses Angelica hopped in the limo.
"So who's excited for prom!" Maria yelled and everyone cheered.
"Let's make this night the best fucking night of our lives!" Angelica yelled and everyone cheered again.
Angelica was happy. Being a mother was not a picnic. Angelica barely got any sleep this week she was surprised that she had energy to go to prom.
"So how's Skye Doing?" Maria asked.
"She's doing fine. She's Cry's alot but she's fine." Angelica answered.

When they got to the school Thomas told the limo driver when to pick them up and they walked inside to the gym.
When they got there Angelica was nervous she was afraid people would make fun of her she was surprised when Robyn Hanton walked up to her and asked her how she was doing.
Robyn was a senior and was really popular.
"I'm fine thanks." Angelica said as she walked with Thomas onto the dance floor.

"Wow why is everyone being so nice to me?" Angelica asked as she danced with Thomas.
"Because why would people be mean to an adorable person like you?" Thomas asked.
Angelica blushed. Thomas always knew what to say.
Maria and Hercules walked next to them and started dancing.
"You guys are really cute can't wait for your wedding." Maria said.
Staring daggers at Maria Thomas looked at Angelica who still was dancing.
thank god she didn't hear that. Thomas thought.

Thomas pulled Maria aside.
"Maria stop making wedding jokes." Thomas said.
"What why?" Maria asked.
"Because Angelica isn't stupid she'll suspect something." Thomas said.
Maria sighed.
"Ugh fine." Maria said.
The 2 suddenly heard people cheering and saw a circle forming.
Thomas and Maria crowded around to watch what was happening.

There in the middle of the circle dancing was Mr.Washington.
Thomas didn't know if she should have laughed or cringed.
Martha burst into the circle trying her hardest to shake her ass. Angelica and Theodosia watched trying their hardest not to gag.
"Martha! Stop how do you kids say it twerking! This is the prom not the strip club do we have to have security escort you out?" Mr.Washington asked.
Everyone looked at Martha who was a bright red color. She looked like she wanted to kill Mr.washington.
"Whatever." She muttered as she walked off with Robyn.

Some other kids danced in the circle then the Dj put on a slow song. Maria walked to Hercules and Theodosia walked over to Aaron. Thomas and Angelica walked to each other and moved to the rhythm, their eyes glued to each other.
"You know what Angelica you're a really good dancer." Thomas said.
"thanks. You aren't so bad yourself I mean you haven't stepped on my shoes all night." Angelica said.
Thomas sighed.
"Angelica the 8th grade dance was three years ago I've improved since then." Thomas said.
"Good! When I got home from the dance my heels were scuffed with shoe marks." Angelica said.
Thomas laughed but rolled his eyes.

"Alright guys now it's time to announce the prom king and queen!" The Dj yelled.
Everyone crowded around the stage.
Angelica really wanted to see who won the roles of the prom king and queen.
Probably Martha. Angelica thought with a roll of her eyes.
"Alright guys the moment you've been waiting for, the best part of the night, the best part of the month the best part of the year-"
"Just say it already!" somebody yelled.
"Oh OK yeah- The prom king and Queen are Angelica Schuyler and Thomas Jefferson!" The DJ yelled.

Angelica looked at Thomas who smirked. The 2 walked onstage and got their crowns.
"Is their anything you wanna say?" The Dj asked.
Thomas nodded.
"Angelica I met you on the first day of kindergarten when I was 5. We technically didn't start dating until we were 14 but it doesn't matter I still love you which is why I have to do this." Thomas said as he got on his knees and pulled out a box from his pocket. "Angelica Schuyler will you please marry me!?" Thomas asked.

Angelica looked at Thomas tears welling in her eyes.
"Yes! Yes! A million times yes!" She yelled jumping into Thomas's arms.
Thomas smiled and gave her a kiss as everyone cheered.
"I love you so much that it's dangerous." Angelica said.
"Same here." Thomas said.
Angelica smiled.
"Looks like we're dangerously in love." She said as she walked off the stage with Thomas.

Guys this book is over

BUT

There will be a sequel

It will be up sometime this weekend

Anyways how did you like this chapter

What do you think the sequel will be about?

I hope you guys had a awesome day and enjoy your weekend.

Bye 👋