Chapter Eighteen: Hell Freezing Over.

We are ok.

Rose holds on to me tightly. She doesn't let go for hours. "I thought you were dead...I thought you were dead and I couldn't feel anything..." she cries.

"I'm here Rose. And I'm not going anywhere. You are safe in my arms. I promise." I kiss her head.

We are in Jason's house. It's the only place I could think to hide in, the only place I felt was safe.

Frost patches up Check In's stub arm. "Does it hurt?"

"Incredibly." Check In bites his lip.

"Sorry bud." Frost sighs.

"I guess it's just the four of us now." I speak up.

"I guess." Frost responds. "Hey, I know it doesn't make a difference like at all anymore, but sorry for yelling at everyone last time we really spoke." Frost looks over at me.

"I don't really care anymore." I laugh. "I think that's the least of our issues."

Rose grunts in pain.

"Rose?" I look at her.

"I'm fine." She tries to hide the pain.

I know she's lying but I don't want to stress her out right now.

Frost and I make eye contact. His expression makes me realize what's wrong.

She hasn't done her job in a while. She's still dying. And it's getting worse.

Rose looks over to see Dalilah laughing out of the corner of her eye.

Dalilah quickly vanishes.

Rose cringes.

"So, what do we do now?" Check In asks.

"What do you mean?" Frost faces him.

"We have a world to save, don't we?" Check In shrugs.

Frost shakes head. "The whole universe is looking for us right now. We're dead as soon as we walk out of that door."

"We could teleport." Check In smiles.

"Listen, the superhero team was a dumb idea when we came up with it, but it can't even work now. There's so little of us left." Frost sighs.

"We all have powers. We can take Satan down!" Check In jumps up. "Frost, you got ice powers, Damen, you got... Uh..."

"I can shoot fire out of my mouth with cigarettes." I smile.

"I can transform into what you lust for most." Rose sits up.

"And I can check people in!" Check In cheers. "Also, I turn into a portal directly to Satan when I die."

"Wait what?" Everyone but Check In says in unison.

"Well until I heal back to normal health of course." He looks at us all.

"Check In, we need to kill you." I stand up.

"What?! No!" He snaps back.

Frost looks at me and shakes his head. "Fine..." He looks at Check In. "Sorry buddy." He sends an ice spike through Check In's chest.

Check In falls to his knees. "W-why?"

"As much as we hate it Check In, you're right. We need to stop this." I say.

"G-glad I could h-help..." He falls back dead. His body forms into a portal.

Frost, Rose and I look down at it.

"It's been an honour fighting with you all." Frost smiles at us. He takes a breath in and punches me in the skull. I fall unconscious.

"Frost!" Rose yells.

Frost smiles. "I'm sorry girly. I love you too much to let you fight this. You and Damen will be safe. He will protect you."

"No Frost. I'm coming with you!" Rose yells.

"No. No you're not." His door appears behind Rose. It opens up. A chilly wind comes out. "I'll open the door back up when it's safe, I promise."

"Frost, I'm not-" Rose tries to say, but Frost kisses her.

They stand there like that for so long.

Frost starts crying. "I love you Rose, more than the stars and the moon." He pushes her into the tundra followed by me.

"No!" Rose tries to run back, but he closes the door.

---

The door disappears for Frost. He closes his eyes, jumping into the portal.

Doctor John is massive. He seems to continue growing and growing without stop.

The Casino is no longer a casino. It's a distorted hospital. Hell has completely changed.

Humans float in the air everywhere, screaming.

Frost is horrified. But he stands strong. "Hey! Doctor!"

The giant creature turns around to face the tiny demon. "Hello Jack Frost!" The giant laughs.

"That's not my name! That has never been my name! And it never will be!" Frost yells. "My name is Jack Jones!" He closes his eyes. "And I forgive myself..." An ice blade forms in his hand. "And I forgive you too!"

The creature chuckles. "Thanks I guess." He turns around. "Jason, take care of this pesky problem for me."

Jack's smile fades. He turns to face a creature that used to be Jason, but it's a beast now. A terrifying creature with a steel plate bolted over its mouth.

"H-hi Jason..." Jack steps back.

The creature's face looks angry. It charges Frost. Frost slashes at it, but, his sword shatters on impact and he's knocked back fifty feet. He tries to stand up, but the beast crushes him under its feet.

"Aaaaah" Jack tries to scream but can't.

Jason snarls over him.

Jack laughs. "I feel warm." He gets out. His body goes stiff.