quarante huit - bye

Start from the beginning

The knocking continued, getting louder as a shaky voice yelled , "P-Please let me in. I want to see h-him. Is he alright? Is he okay?"

"Jacob go away—" Dan began saying but he was cut off by the small voice of the French boy,

"Let him in."

Everybody just looked at him in shock. They didn't know what to say.

"Are you sure?" Jo asked, patting his arm as Troye just nodded.

Olly shrugged as he simply unlocked the door and then there stood Jacob with tears streaming down his blotchy cheeks, eyes red, hair disheveled.

"Troye!" Jacob said as he rushed inside.

"Don't come near me," Troye breathed out , his eyes looking anywhere but at Jacob as Jacob was advancing towards him.

"Troye, y-you're hurt. Somebody get warm water and a rag and place it on his bruises, it helps with the pain please. And then you have to apply some ointment too, please," Jacob pleaded.

"I'm fine, Jay," Troye said. He felt scared for some reason. He didn't know why but his mind was still stuck on the moment he got hit by Jacob's dad.

"You're not fine, stop lying," Jacob said as hysterically dropped down to his knees, at the side of Troye's bed and looked up at him.

"L-look baby, I'm so sorry. I wanted to help you and I really wanted to be there for you and im just so sorry for fucking up again, I screw up all the damn time —"

"I am breaking up with you."

There was silence everywhere. Even Jo's grip on Troye weakened as she looked at him.

Jacob was silent for a while before his lips turned into a smile and then he just started laughing.

"You don't know what that means do you? You don't!" Jacob laughed hoping that Troye would give him the signature confused face or say something silly.

But he didn't. He had that serious face on and a stray tear rolled down his cheek as his chest heaved up and down. Jacob quickly let his hand set atop of Troye's.

"You're joking right? Tell me you're joking, please."

"I am not."

Jacob didn't know what to say. He just looked at Troye and he just wanted to cry more. This was all his fault. He caused this. He had always been a screw up.

"I said I'm sorry. I would never ever do that—"

"You know this is not working out. This hurts. Both you and me know that and it's not good. It's best to just... end it all," Troye said softly as he slowly slipped his hand out of Jacob's.

"You don't have to do this, please, I love you."

Jacob was weak. His heart was aching and it felt like all his ribs had been crushed, weighing his chest down. It was weird for him to even think about what was happening.

"I love you too Jay, but we need to do this."

"Troye , listen to me , please please —"

Troye just shook his head, moving his eyes away to a different direction as he said a bit loudly.

"Bye Jacob."

Jacob's heart ached. His head was spinning as he somehow got up on his legs, looked at Troye and then slowly got away from the room. He didn't know how much he didn't need to hear the words Troye had just said but he did know that now. He knew how it felt. He knew how the blood in his veins was aching for this to just be some kind of sick joke.

But Troye had said his farewell.

Jacob knew he had to say his too.

"Bye Troye, take care."

And he slowly disappeared.

-

The end!! Thanks to everyone for reading this!! Love y'all and thanks for the support!!

If you could pls go read stars (it contains age gap so just a warning) anyways love y'all

And take care of yourselves, stay hydrated and eat proper meals, don't stress over school/ college work and just know that your grades don't define your personality and you as a person!! Love y'all so so much!!