quarante huit - bye

Troye did regain his senses. His vision going from blank and dotted circles to a blur of everything around him before he finally blinked his eyes, fluttering them open and taking a deep breath to consume where he was.

He spotted someone in the corner — Jo in her bright pastel blue hair , looking terrified with her eyes fully red - as if she had just cried a lot. He felt someone holding his hand the small finger tracing patterns on his palm. He breathed heavily as he felt a deep pain in his abdomen, making him groan loudly as his face distorted due to the discomfort.

"He is awake!" Someone said with a soft little squeal. It was probably Joey and Troye just felt himself getting a bit more dizzy as his heavy head dropped to the pillow on the bed.

He felt someone squeeze his hand gently as Jo just came to his side, sitting beside him and assisting him to sit up.

"H-hurts," Troye whispered as Jo just looked at him with pity. He didn't deserve this but they all knew how Mr. Bixenman was. They knew this was gonna happen some day or the other.

"Shush, it's okay. You need to take a painkiller now, huh? You have some pretty bad bruises on your abdomen and chest and we need to apply ointment there but please sit up and take the painkiller first, yeah?" Mitch's voice reached Troye and it was then that Troye realised that Mitch was the one who was holding his hand.

Jo had her arms around Troye helping him as he groaned softly, finally able to sit up against the headboard of the bed.

"Here take this," Olly said as he handed a glass of water and a small pill to Jo who just helped Troye to gulp the pill in.

Troye took the pill as Jo held the glass of water to his mouth, helping him to drink the water from it. Troye sighed as he pushed the glass away after a few sips. His throat felt choked and his head was burning. He felt awful in general and his mind still replayed whatever happened down in the living room, inflicting so much internal pain that he just wanted to curl in a ball and shoot himself in the head.

"Do you feel okay?" Mitch asked as he squeezed his hand gently once again, pushing Troye's messy curls away from his face. Troye's lips were wobbling as he looked at how concerned Mitch looked.

"I am fine," Troye whispered. He could feel the cut on his lip which was hurting like a bitch.

Almost everyone was there in the room, looking at Troye with so much pity. They didn't know what else to do except take care of the poor boy.

" I feel bad for him," Dan whispered to Phil while looking at Troye.

"We can't do anything about it. If we go against his dad, we will all be homeless, you know that," Phil said as Dan just rested his head against Phil's shoulder.

There was silence in the room again as Jo just played with Troye's curls and soothed his heavy breaths down.

But a knock on the door was what broke the silence around them. Troye knew who it would be, feeling his heart race against his chest. Everyone knew who it would be as they just shared awkward glances between each other.

"Should I open the door?" Connor asked.

"Should we? I mean he left Troye all alone there," Dan said as he looked at Troye who looked scared and stayed quiet , not even speaking a single word.

"I don't think Troye would be comfortable seeing him," Adam said as he eyed the shivering boy on the bed, clinging onto Jo's shirt as if his life actually depended on it.