quarante six - dumb

(Trigger warning : flashbacks)

Caressing Troye's foot with his, Jacob hummed softly, both of them cuddled up on the sofa, the feeling of green sunshine and grass lingering over their skins and breath.

"You should've seen yourself dance to Taylor swift," Jacob mumbled. Troye giggles softly, turning his face from where it laid gently on Jacob's lap. A smile appeared on his lips as he said,

"She has always been one of my favourites."

"She is a snake," Jacob snickered.

"No, Jay. Stop saying that," Troye said, his fingers running across Jacob's upper thigh , slowly and steadily walking across them.

"Make me stop," Jacob replied cheekily.

Troye looked at him with his sunshine soaked curls and bronze skin which had a power of pink blush scattered across the cheeks.

"That's like the oldest line in the book."

"Oh wow. You got it. I thought you were gonna ask me what I implied by saying that and honestly that would have been super cute," Jacob said as he booped Troye's cute little scrunched up nose.

"I am not as dumb as I used to be," Troye said with a small kiss on the back of Jacob's palm which was lingering across his pretty face.

"You were never dumb. You were intelligent in the most beautiful ways," Jacob whispered softly, his voice barely just reaching Troye.

(Trigger warning AHEAD)

"I didn't even stop those girls at the airplane. How dumb can I be?" Troye asked. He was playing with his fingers now, his eyes cast immediately down as his curls were entangled on his pale fingers.

"It was not your fault, its okay, baby," Jacob suddenly sighed. He didn't like it when Troye talked about the incident on the plane. It made his heart sink to the bottom of his abdomen.

"It's not okay to get raped," Troye mumbled as he turned his face away. He didn't want Jacob to know that his eyes were watering up as his body threatened to go into a shivering attack as he remembered the way they touched him, looked at him, forcefully pressed their lips against his neck, their nails digging into his skin as he cried and he wished he had said something — something to stop them.

"No, I didn't mean it like that, I didn't mean to say that it was okay to get raped. I just meant that it doesn't make you dumb, yeah? It doesn't define who you are as a person and I'm so sorry that it had to happen to you," Jacob said. He didn't know what else to say. He didn't want to say something wrong and upset Troye because he knew that this was a sensitive topic to talk about.

Troye's voice was shaky as he mumbled a small 'hmm'.

"Are you alright?" Jacob asked, pushing Troye's curls away from his temples before massaging them with his index finger. He knew that it always relaxed Troye.

Troye tried to keep his shaky voice away as he said, "Yeah I'm alright."

But he knew that he had failed to keep it away when Jacob asked in a concerned tone, "Have you been crying?"

"No," he replied bluntly.

"Turn your face to me," Jacob said.

"No, I'm fine, Jay," Troye said.

Jacob scoffed, pulling the boy up by his arms so that he was seated properly on the couch instead of having his head on Jacob's lap. He tilted his chin up as he saw Troye's bright blue eyes become dull because of the tears that were brimming them.

"Yes, you are crying."

"Wow, great! Are you happy to know? Happy that I'm crying because of stupid dumb reason? Happy now? Huh? I'm so stupid!" Troye broke out, blabbering on and on about how this was so dumb and stupid as tears rolled down his eyes. His body was physically shaking. It was hard for him to even breathe or concentrate on his words as he randomly mixed them up. His head felt like it was spinning, breaking down into a million fragments and still he couldn't bring himself to stop.

"Troye, calm down," Jacob said as his heart experienced pain from what he was just witnessing. He hated to see Troye like this.

"I am calm, I am calm," Troye said those words softly, his body being breathless as he let his burning eyes close. As soon as he had done that, tears began to overflow and he just broke down into small sobs and sniffles, trying to stop it all.

Jacob took him in his arms and hugged him tightly while shushing him. He ran his fingers along Troye's spine and just pulled him as close to his body's vicinity as possible.

"Why won't I ever be able to forget about this, Jay? I just want to erase this- delete this from my mind. I don't w-want to think about it," Troye said in his raspy voice. He couldn't speak properly as Jacob just hugged him warmly.

"If there was anything I could do to make that possible, I would. I swear, I would. But I'm just gonna say this to you — as long as you're with me, you're safe. I promise to keep you safe," Jacob whispered to him, letting his lips press a kiss gently on Troye's neck.

Troye hugged him back tightly. His grip was so tight that anyone would assume that Troye's life depended on Jacob.

"You already make me feel safe, Jay."

Jacob smiled as he pulled back a little. Still holding the curly boy in his hands, he slowly cupped his cheeks. Troye was probably the most beautiful boy he had ever laid his eyes on. And that was not because he was in love. It was actually a fact.

"I hate to see you break down like this, you know? It hurts me," Jacob said, softly while pressing a kiss on his forehead before Troye quietly tucked his head beneath Jacob's chin, Jacob's hand holding onto Troye's sides as Troye just breathed warm air near his neck.

"I hate talking about this because it hurts me too but I can't stop thinking about it," Troye mumbled slowly while pressing a soft kiss to where his lips laid against Jacob's bronze highlighted skin because of the sunshine that was peaking through the curtains.

Pulling Troye's face up, Jacob admired him for a second before bringing his lips close to Troye's. He kissed him slowly but passionately - a kiss that resonated so much love that it made Troye's stomach feel huge butterflies and actually flip as his palms got sweaty. It was as if he was falling in love again. And he quite liked that.

They were so absorbed in the kiss that they didn't even notice the sound of the main door unlocking and the sound of the gentle footsteps approach them.

All you could say was that they were definitely in for a shock.

-

Hi another sucky chapter because I'm sick and bored at home and I'm trying to complete this book asap because you know what? What if there is a zombie apocalypse tomorrow and none of us survive like them nobody would know how this book would end so it's better to finish it before our world ends

Love y'all and please take care of yourselves!! Eat proper meals and hydrate yourself because it's important!! Be you only for you and I hope y'all are having a good day or have a good day ahead !!

So much love xx