Expectation

SUZY POV:
"We'll Be there in about half an hour Suji." Jihye told me as we pulled out of my apartment complex. For the time being, I was dressed inconspicuously. Blue jeans, an oversized grey sweater, and my hair without extensions. I hadn't bothered with any makeup for now. 

"Alright." I replied, opening my laptop to go onto Word. It was December 31st, New Years Eve to be exact. I had a good few hours until MBC Gayo Daejejeon; and I needed to organize my schedule for January for the New Year.

We drove smoothly in the early morning on the highway. Without WiFi, it was taking longer for my computer to turn on. I sighed in content once I was able to log on, moving to Word. I clicked one of the documents for my schedule sheet, and inquired with Jihye about my up and coming activities.

"Tomorrow I have a radio broadcast on Choi Hwa Jung's Power Time?" I ask Jihye. She nods in response, so I type that into my schedule.

"It's a live interview, just a reminder." Jihye tells me, I nod as I add a note to that schedule date.

"On the second, I have a full day of CF filming, and on the third, my magazine shoot and interview for Vogue Korea. January fourth is the script reading for my new drama activity." I read off my first week's schedule.

"Your last day off is the fifth." Jihye reminds me. "But by the sixth, you'll be busy up until June."

"But drama filming is complete by the beginning of March." I say in confusion. "And then it airs the week it's complete." Jihye chuckles lightly at my perplexmxent as she pulls off the highway.

"Don't forget the side project you took on." Jihye reminds me. "The one Zhang Wei arranged for you." That's right, how could that pass my mind?

"I almost forgot." I exclaim, sighing. "Guess it's time to pull out the coffee; I won't be getting any sleep."

"Maybe this will ease your tiredness." Jihye begins, driving down a narrow road. "Your company established your pay for this drama already. You'll be making the same amount as Im Yoona."

"Really?" I widen my eyes in surprise. "B-But I'm still a rookie, I don't think I'll be able to handle that?!"

"It'll be easier to split the payment with your parents." Jihye tells me. "Everyone is aware where you send your money to. It's a highly-anticipated drama, since the rumors were dropped recently. They put out a high price, and you got it."

"Maybe it will be enough to pay off their loans." My parents were both still struggling to find jobs. Even though what I was making now was more than enough for just me; my parents wouldn't take as much as I was willing to give them.

"You're very generous, Suji." Jihye tells me as she pulls into a parking lot. "We're here." I put my laptop back into its bag as I file out of the van.

"I'm to pick you up in an hour, right?" She asks me curiously.

"Hour and a half." I correct her, putting on a simple white mask and black cap. "Maybe a little more, we'll see."

I bid Jihye goodbye as I walk into a tall white building. The automatic glass doors slide open effortlessly as I walk up to the receptionist desk. A petite young woman who looks to be in her late-twenties early-thirties greets me with a sweet smile.

"Name and age, please." She asks kindly, looking down at the desktop before her to log me into their system.

"Bae Suji, I'm twenty-one. But I'll be twenty-two in a few weeks." I mumble quietly, a little self-conscious. The receptionist nods before looking up at me.