To Have the Best of Me

SUZY POV:
"Yes, coming right up." I say into my receiver. The chef was still out, so Joo-Hyung and I had switched serving positions. I was in the kitchen preparing the meals while he did the waitering.

"Here you are." I hand him the fresh plates of food as he exits the kitchen swinging doors that lead into the restaurant. The next few hours into the night continued like that.

By the time the night crowd had begun to roll into Yang Good, (the night crowd being idols and actresses on dates), it was about time for Joo-Hyung and I to switch positions. Sighing, I pass off my apron to him as I exit the kitchen.

Adjusting my tan cardigan over myself, I slide into one of the back booths to take my five minute break. As I checked my phone, I realized it was already 11:00p.m. Plugging my earbuds into my ears, I answer an incoming phone call that has popped up.

"Ye?" I say into the receiver, reading the caller I.D. Banana Milk.

"Noona!" The excited Voice of Jungkook yells from my phone. "Where's the  restaurant you work part-time at?" He asks me.

"For the last time, I'm not your noona." I scold him Sighing. "And it's Yang Good, why?" I realize my mistake as soon as I answer him.

"Thanks!" He says to me before ending the call. That little rascal, he wouldn't dare? I think to myself suspiciously. The sound of the restaurant bell rings at the entrance of a customer, confirming my suspicions.

"Welcome to Yang Good." I automatically say, standing up from my backseat. Looking towards the entrance, I slightly furrow my eyebrows at two figures with black and red masks. "If you'll come back here for your seat."

The two figures walk back to where I was and I quickly grab some menus for them. Handing it to them both, I place on my customer smile. "What can I get you two started with?"

"Noona, what's today's special?" The familiar voice of Jungkook rings in my ears. If I wasn't employed, I would've pinched his ear.

"Our fresh lamb and—-."

"Omo, Ms. Bae Suji?" Jungkook's friend says. I look over at his partner curiously as he lowers his mask, revealing a familiar face.

"ChangHo-nim?" I exclaim in shock, laughing. "What a pleasant surprise."

"You know Suzy noona, Chang-Ho?" Jungkook asks his friend curiously, raising an eyebrow.

"We've met on a few occasions." He responds, chuckling. Jungkook shoots me a suspicious look before I shoot him a Not in that way glare. "I almost didn't recognize you with that haircut. You work at Big Hit and here?" Jungkook shoots me another look.

"Ah, ye! This is just a side job of mine." I say, laughing nervously. Aish, that lie just keeps returning. Jungkook quickly jumps in.

"Noona's worked at Big Hit since our debut." Jungkook adds in quickly. "But she had this job before her current one, so I drop by to add to her pay check."

"Ye, ye!" I filter Jungkook's words. "He's such a sweetheart of an idol." I attempt to make my words seem more mature to add to my age.

"Ah, I see." Chang-Ho says, chuckling. "I may have just found my new favorite restaurant then." He says flirtatiously. I restrain myself from rolling my eyes. He reminds me of Jimin with Sulli before she got with Jinyoung.

"Chang-Ho, are you hitting on Suzy Noona?" Jungkook asks his friend straightforwardly. I almost choke on my own breath as I cough.

"I've tried, but I don't think she's interested." Chang-Ho whispers teasingly, eyes shining.