Let It Stay Buried

Start from the beginning

That was when I realized that a long wooden pole was impaled through my back and exited through my stomach. 

I guess this is how it ends. My family is dead. Elijah is gone, and I'm alone.

I could feel my consciousness slowly fade and then everything went black.

----------------------

I woke up screaming. 

When I finally calmed down I scanned the room only to realize that I was alone. I haven't had that dream in years. 

I guess it's because of all the people from my past that have resurfaced lately. 

They're the part of my past that should stay buried. 

I'm starting to regret taking this job, but I need the challenge. I need this.

The day I died was the worst day of my life. I lost everything that day. My family, my home, my life, all of it. 

And they're a constant reminder of that day.

I looked around the room after something sharp. I quickly found a pen and stabbed my own leg.

I let out a sigh as I felt relaxed again. The pain helped me forget, it helped to keep me focused. Elijah belongs in my past. There's no need for me to view him as I did before. 

Those feelings are long gone. I'm not that person anymore.

I couldn't go back to sleep, so I decided to take a trip into town. I've been staying with the Mikaelsons for about three months now and there's one question that keeps bothering me. What made Elijah Mikaelson want to kill his own brother? 

The Elijah I knew viewed family as power. He was the one that always tried to keep the family together. He defended Klaus time and time again. Betrayal after betrayal, but still he protected him. If Elijah crossed Klaus once it was right back in the coffin in a deep slumber. This was a normal occurrence in the Mikaleson house. Siblings squabbling, always and forever.

Elijah told me everything about his relationship with Klaus. How they had run together from their father. How their mother died a long time ago. How his siblings were in coffins. He told me everything. He never forced me to become a vampire, nor did I want to be one. Until my family's death, I was human. 

Till this day I don't know who killed me but I know who saved me and that's all that matters.

I don't know if Elijah ever grieved me. He was already over 200 years old when I came along. He'd probably had enough countless of women by the time we met. 

Klaus was always suspicious of me, of course. Worrying that I was working with their father, making me the enemy.

Klaus had threatened me the day before I died. I went straight to Elijah, crying. I despise how weak I was back then. He comforted me until I fell asleep from exhaustion. He kept saying that he would protect me and never let his brother hurt me.

I woke up and started to look for Elijah only to realize that he was not in the house. I decided to walk out on the field to the tree we usually met. He was nowhere to be found. Since I didn't find him I decided to take a trip to the market.