Epilogue

Beep!

Beep!

Beep!

I groaned flailing my hand on the side of the bed trying to find the alarm clock. When my didn't find contact I slowly opened my eyes letting them adjust to the bright light. I furrowed my brows in confusion when I realized I was in a hospital bed. I tried to sit up only to fall back down letting out a groan feeling a pain in my stomach. Not long after the doors opened and in came Angelo looking as beautiful as ever.

He must not have realized I was awake because he continued inside the room going straight to the bathroom. A evil plan formed in my head. When the bathroom doors opened I quickly pretended to be sleep. I heard Angelo come closer and took a seat in the chair next to the bed. I tried to keep my breaths even hoping he would fail for my charade.

I felt him place his hand in my hair and my breath hitched in my throat for a minute. After a few seconds his hand traveled to my bare arm leaving a trail of goosebumps. I accidentally shivered and the heart monitors began beating furiously.

"I know you're awake." I could hear the smirk in his voice. I opened my eyes seeing Angelo's signature smirk. I glared at him then the stupid machine. "Do you remember what happened?" I thought hard before shaking my head. Then it felt as if I was hit by a bus. The memories all came back to me. Francisca, Ian being my brother, getting shot in my stomach, almost dying. I tried to tell Angelo but my voice sounded like a dying horse. Angelo laughed handing me the glass of water on the table. I gulped it down feeling how raspy my throat was.

"I know what happened Natalia, we were there." I furrowed my brows in confusion. "Ian wanted us to stay outside, he wanted to handle it himself." I nodded slowly.

"What happened to her?" I asked nervously.

"Ian brought you out unconscious but instead of leaving he sent you with us and burnt the house down. The police put it out but there were no bodies found."

I gasped. "She got away?" He nodded. I didn't know how to feel by the news. I wasn't upset, maybe scared but not upset. Francisca was only hurt no matter how cruel she was. She did everything she did because she was lonely. "So what now?" Everything was over. Angelo no longer had to look after me. I wanted to know what the further now hold.

"Now you get better." I glared at him. He avoided the question. Before I could scold him the doors opened and Ian walked in. Angelo stood and left the room to give us some privacy. I didn't know how to feel being around Ian. It was hard to look at him.

"Natalia," I hesitantly looked meeting Ian's amber eyes that looked exactly like his mother's. "Please let me explain." I nodded only because he never said please to me before. He drew in a breath. "I knew about you and Francisca. I knew mama was pregnant with twins. Dad was never around and she told me to never tell him. After she sent you away she made me promise that I'll always look after you. Always protect you. I was only seven. A little after my eighth birthday dad sent me away to this camp. Our mother pleaded with him not to but he didn't listen. The camp taught me everything I know today. They made me do things that I shall never speak about, they made me into what I am today."

"I returned home when I was 16 and found out mom had died. Francisca was only eight but one look at her I knew she was no longer the sweet innocent baby I had last seen. She was empty, void of all emotion, our father had ruined her. I left her there. I left her again. It wasn't until years later papa wanted to see me. One look at her I knew she was destroyed. I didn't say anything to her, to me she was no longer my sister and papa was no longer my father. I didn't care for anyone, and that made me strong. Papa told me he wanted me to find you, I agreed and did as he told me but I didn't tell him I had found you. You were at least 16, walking home by yourself at night. I watched you and knew it was time for me to keep my promise to our mother."