Chapter 25

The ride back to Angelo's mansion passed in a blur. I don't remember falling asleep, I woke up in Angelo's bed sweaty, panting and shaking in fear from the horrifying nightmare. I ran a hand through my hair trying to even out my breaths and slowly counted to 10 while attempting to slow down my breathing.

My cheeks were damped and that's when I realized I was crying. No matter what I do the nightmares always seem to find their way back into my sleep. As soon as I think they're over I'm proven wrong. I wanted them to stop. I wanted them to go away and never come back. Each one is worse then the last.

Pushing back the tears, I continued trying to calm myself. I knew sleep was now futile.

Once I was calm, I hesitantly stood from the bed and pushed open the curtains. I winced, snapping my eyes shut to avoid the bright morning sunlight from burning my eyes. I slowly opened them again, letting myself adjust to the brightness. It looked to be about 7:00am. I drew in a breath and prepared myself for another day.

* * * * *

After hours of sitting in the room - doing nothing - I finally decided it was best for me to get out. I would lose my mind being copped up in here all day.

I made my way down stairs and noticed it was quiet... too quiet. Ignoring the silence, I walked into the kitchen feeling my stomach protest from lack of food.

I went to grab the box of cereal but instead settled on some pancakes. I mixed the batter and began to make the pancakes.

As I flipped the pancakes I hummed a soft melody. Feeling myself get caught up in the moment, I began to sing aloud and sway my hips. I was on my second pancake when I think I took my singing a little too far.

"Life's a game but it's not fair,
I break the rules so I don't care,
so I keep doing my own thing,
walkin' tall against the rain,
victory's within a mile,
almost there, don't give up now,
only thing that's on my mind,
is who's gon' run this town tonight, heyyyyyy-"

"Shut the fuck up!" I jumped frightened and taken off guard by the deep voice. I swirled around and faced Angelo, Ian, and Logan. "Damn! It felt like my ears were going to fall off." Ian said narrowing his eyes at me.

Logan let out a raspy laugh. This was the first time I ever heard him laugh and I had to admit his laugh was so perfect. I wonder why he doesn't do that a lot. He actually sounds like a nice guy when he laughs.

"Singing is not for you Natalia." I felt my cheeks heat up at Logan's comment. I know that I'm not cut out for singing, I never thought I was, but that don't mean I don't like to do it every once in a while.

My eyes found the stormy grey orbs and to my surprise Angelo actually looked amused about the whole thing. He eyed me out, letting his eyes run shamelessly down my body.

I must be a sight to see in only Angelo's shirt and some cotton shorts swaying my hips while singing as if I was the only one in the house. My blush deepened and as if reading my thoughts Angelo smirked.

Snapping my eyes away from Angelo's penetrating gaze, I quickly flipped the pancake and put it on the plate with the other. I pulled some syrup on top and put a little whip cream to make it look pretty. I pulled myself some orange juice and sat it next to my pancakes. I went to sit down but forgot to grab myself a fork.

I quickly grabbed a fork and turned back towards my food ready to eat, but to my utter surprise my food was gone. Ian was sitting at the table devouring my pancakes with his own fork and used my glass of orange juice to chug it all down. Not finding it in me to be mad or irritated, I turned on my heel and began to make the batter for more pancakes.