Chapter 20

I stared at the man in front of me with wide eyes. Angelo. Why is he here? So many emotions ran through me, but there was something I couldn't put my finger on. Something that made the inside of my stomach flip. What the hell was that?

Angelo continued to study me with his cold gaze. He didn't move and neither did I. After a moment of shifting from feet to feet, I said the first thing that came to my mind.

"Did Luke tell you that?" Not giving him a chance to answer I continued. "He's lying! I may have asked about you here and there but that was out of curiosity not because I missed you." I scoffed. Angelo grinned. Realization hit me so hard that I mentally stumbled back. "Luke didn't tell you that, did he?"

"No, he didn't." I blushed in embarrassment. I turned away from him and quickly tried to change the subject.

"Why are you here?" Angelo tilted his head to the side.

"Am I not allowed to visit my wife." I watched him carefully. There's a reason he's here and it's not to check on his precious wife. Angelo nodded his head to the couch next to him telling me to take a seat. I watched him as I slowly made my way onto the couch. "Anything interesting happened while I was gone?"

"Well, Amy been dragging me everywhere she go. Luke haven't let me out of his sight and if he did Amy was on patrol. So if bodyguards are interesting then it was great!" I said with fake enthusiasm.

Angelo nodded his head. "Nothing else?" I thought back to Ian. I could tell him, but it's not like he's anyone important.

I shook my head. "Nope," Angelo hummed. His gaze went blank and I knew he was in deep thought. I played with my fingers nervously as I asked the question that been on my mind since I've gotten home. "Why did you let me come back home?"

Angelo raised a brow. "You wanted to stay in the mansion?" I quickly shook my head.

"No, but-"

"Then don't question it." He said in a hard tone.

"I thought you said we would be honest with each other."

He smirked. "I said I would tell you everything you need to know." I glared at him.

"Then I will only tell you what you need to-"

"That wasn't part of the deal Tesoro," I furrowed my brows confused. "You will tell me everything I want to know." I thought back to our agreement.

"You will also be honest with me. Whatever I want to know you will answer truthfully."

That deceiving bastard. He tricked me. "That's not fair." I folded my arms over my chest and glared at him.

His eyes shined with amusement. "I thought out of all the people you would have figured out by now that life is simply not fair." My glare deepened making him smirk. I wanted to slap it off his face.

He suddenly stood and grabbed my wrist, pulling me up as well. My eyes widened in shock and confusion.

"What are you-" Before I could continue he started pulling me out of the apartment. He ignored me the whole way down. I even resorted in trying to pull my wrist out of his steel grip but of course failed.

He pushed me into his car, slamming the door shut behind me. I sat there glaring at the road as he got into the driver's seat. When he didn't move I frowned and looked at him. He turned to me and leaned in making my eyes widened and lean away from him. He reached around me and leaned in closer until our faces was inches apart.