Chapter 26

These pass three weeks have been the most exhausting weeks of my life. My muscles was so sore, I regret turning Amy away every morning when she offered for me to work out with her. Angelo didn't take any pity on me. If I didn't know any better I would say he was doing it on purpose, but I had to admit the results were fantastic. He taught me a lot during this past week and I am very grateful.

After begging him to show mercy he told me I could take today off. So I am now in the library choosing to spend my day reading. I found everything so breathtaking. The designs, the lightening, the furniture... like something you would read out of a fairytale book.

What felt like forever I finally found a book that grabbed my attention. Don't get me wrong, there's probably over a thousand books in here but I'm a very picky person.

I took a seat on the antique looking sofa in front of the fireplace and let myself drift away from the world around me.

I'm not sure how long I was sitting there before I heard someone enter the library, pulling my attention away from the book and onto them. I was a little shocked when I saw Ian leaning against one of the book shelves. I shifted around nervously in my seat under his cold gaze.

It felt like forever before he finally spoke. "Whatcha reading?"

I swallowed, not really expecting that. "The Way She Is,"

"What's it about?"

"A girl that suffers from anxiety attacks after her parents died. Everyone treats her like a weirdo and tease her making her into this low confidence girl. Then this boy comes alone and try to figure her out... wanting to get to know her and help her get better..." I bit my lip. "That's all I read so far."

"You believe in that stuff?"

"What?" I asked taken aback by his question.

"Fairytales, happy endings... that the bad boy will fall for the good girl?"

I shrugged. "Anything is possible."

Ian laughed. "For someone that's in your situation, you have a lot of hope."

"What's that suppose to mean?"

"It means that you seen the bad in this world, that bad things happen to good people. Your life literally turned upside down in a blink of an eye, but yet you still think happy ending exist." He said making me sound incredibly stupid to my own ears.

"Well, when you put it like that..." I mumbled to myself. "You don't believe there's still good in this world?" I asked already knowing the answer. I mean this is Ian... the devil himself.

"Do I believe there's still good in this world? No, no I do not."

"Why not?" I asked genuinely curious.

Ian rubbed a hand over his neatly trimmed chin. "I'm an assassin Natalia. I've seen the worse kind of evil... killed people without giving it a second thought. I have no regrets and no remorse. You don't think that's a good enough reason?" Yup, there's the reason I don't trust him.

"Then why didn't you kill me?"

"Mmm... that's the question now isn't it? Kill you now or kill you later?" I gasped, my eyes widening in fear. Ian smiled. "You don't trust me?"

"No," There was no point in lying.

Ian appeared to be unaffected by my answer. "Why not?" Was he serious?