Chapter 12

I couldn't find it in me to put Olivia's diary down. This diary have given me more information then I've gotten since I been here. I found out after Olivia and Angelo encounter they slowly became closer and Olivia's bullying slightly decreased - because of Angelo. Whenever he was around no one would even bother to glance Olivia's way. Angelo - for some reason I don't understand - showed interests in Olivia.

He was the type that didn't talk to anyone and didn't get involved into things that didn't concern him, but for some reason he did for Olivia. The only feelings Olivia wrote about was her friendship with Angelo. So what made Angelo feel so deeply for Olivia? Did she even feel the same way? I shake my head getting rid of the thoughts and begin reading.

~

Grabbing my book bag and rushing out the car I yell "Bye mom!" I don't wait for her to give me a response as I make my way to the school. I scan the school yard looking for the boy that somehow always knew how to bring a smile to my face. I frown when I don't see Angelo. He haven't been to school all week. I grab the straps on my bookbag tighter and walk into the school.

After a few boring hours the bell rang indicating that it's time for lunch. I walk out the classroom and down the hall getting bumped by a few people causing me to fall. I hear the girls and boys around me giggle and snicker. I get up and brush the dirt off my pants and continue to walk to the library.

The bell ring again letting everyone know they should be in class. I begin to walk faster to get to the library. I let out a 'yelp' as I am suddenly picked up and thrown over someone's shoulder. I struggle to get out of the person's grip. I punch and kick but it doesn't have any affects on the kidnapper. The kidnapper continue to walk down the hall and out the school casually as if he isn't kidnapping me. I open my mouth to scream, but before I could the kidnapper puts me down. I look up at my kidnapper then smile.

"Angelo!" I said excitedly and pulled him into a hug. Angelo tense, my hug taking him by surprise. I slowly let my hands drop from around him and play with my fingers. "Why wasn't you at school?" I whispered. Angelo was quiet as if thinking about something before answering.

"I was busy." I nodded my head and shifted from feet to feet awkwardly. "Come, I have something to show you." Angelo said and started walking. He stopped when he noticed I wasn't following.

"What about school?" I asked pointing back to the large building.

"We'll be back before it's over." Angelo shrugged. I still felt a little nervous about leaving school with him.

"But-" I started but was cut off when Angelo grabbed my hand.

"Come on." He demanded and pulled me to walk with him. We walked for what felt like hours. My legs hurt and I'm gasping for air feeling like I would collapse any minute now. Unlike me Angelo is walking calmly and not even giving a glance at my distress and tired body. Angelo suddenly stopped causing me to almost crash into him but I caught myself. I walked around Angelo and saw a old looking tree house. As if it didn't get touched in years. I gave Angelo a confused look.

"I found this a couple weeks ago and I thought maybe this can be our own little place. Like our secret hideout." Angelo explained and shrugged. I stared at him before slowly nodding my head. And that is how our 'secret hideout' was found.

~

I smiled to myself as I read. Angelo and Olivia seemed so close even though it was only the beginning of their friendship. I turned a couple pages and continued reading.

~

As I begin to walk out of the school I felt someone grab my hand. I tensed at the sudden contact then slowly turned around to see Mason. He's one of the popular boy and have all the girls dropping to his feet. Mason scratched the back of his neck before speaking.