Chapter 27

I didn't know how to take this information. Everyone seemed to be waiting for my reaction, but I didn't have one. Don't get me wrong I had plenty of questions like 'who is she to me' and 'what's going on' but the words wouldn't leave my mouth.

"Cat got your tongue, princess?" I glared at Ian and he smiled so innocently. I looked back at the woman that called herself Madelyn. I drew in a breath and unconsciously leaned into Angelo seeking some kind of support. If Angelo noticed he didn't say anything about it.

"Are... are you my biological mother?" I asked finding my voice.

"No, me and your mother was close friends."

"Was?"

She smiled sadly. "She died from cancer four years after you were boring."

I nodded. "I'm sorry."

She shook her head. "There's no need for that, all that matters is you are safe."

"From what?" She looked confused before she looked around at the guys for answers. She paused when her gaze landed on Angelo.

"You didn't tell her?"

"Not yet," He said simply.

"Tell me what?"

"Not now Natalia."

"She has a right to know." Madelyn said.

"Don't pretend she's something to you. You don't have no say in her life. She's nothing to you, I don't understand why you're even here." Ian said sounding as if he was wasting his time talking to her.

She glared at him. "And I suppose you do." She shot back. The look Ian sent her was one I wouldn't want directed at me. Madelyn seemed to have realized what she said and to who because she immediately looked like she wished she had kept her mouth shut.

"Yes, I do have a say of what happens to or with her."

"She would like for everyone to stop talking about her as if she's not in the room." I said angrily. Madelyn looked down guilty and Ian smirked as if he won. "Now can anyone explain to me what's going on?" I asked hating that I'm always left in the dark.

"Natalia,"

"Angelo," I was done with them hiding things from me. They had no right in hiding things that concerns me. "Tell me, I want to know."

He didn't respond right away. "We found who your birth parents are." Okay...

I frowned. "Who?"

"Alexandria and Andrew Fitzgerald, the Mexican mafia Capo." Ian said.

"Come again?" I asked wanting to be sure I heard him correctly.

"Yup, you heard."

"So you are telling me that my parents are apart of the mafia." I asked slowly. Angelo nodded. "Of course they are. Why would I think any less." I mumbled.

Everyone seemed surprised that I didn't react. Was they expecting me to start screaming and try to run away. There's no point to over react. I learned that it was easier just to accept it for now. I can react later.