Highschool AU (4)

"And.....GO!!"

Immediately students ran foward and pushed one another.

I managed to grab a ball and duck under my teammates as balls were flying around the gym.

I looked around anxiety for any form of cover. I stepped aside bearly as a ball flung pass me. Kids around me got hit and taken out.

I yelp and almost fell over, luckily someone caught me.

"Nick keep your head up! Our team cant lose this!" Uni panted. I nodded and hugged the ball tightly.

One by one my team members got picked off. The other team were doing better since most of their players were into sports. Not to mention they were very aggressive...

"Nick aren't you a competitive player! You can do this, just imagine this as a game. You only have one life!" Uni said beside me, ducking as a ball flew his direction.

"But..I'm not a competitive player!" I stammered, trembling as I heard groaning all around me. The gym was full of chaos. I just wanted this to end!

"Hey Nerd, Catch This!"

I quickly turned around to see Tommy chucking a ball towards me. I yelp and moved aside in time. The ball flew pass my face.

I lost balanced and fell on my butt. I heard snickering and gasp. Jon took notice and flung a ball my direction.

"WATCH OUT!!"

I yelped and closed my eyes, ready for whats to come. But, nothing ever did yet I heard a grunt.

My eyes widen to see Uni standing in front me.

I heard some awww's from the girls.

"Uni! What are you! Are you crazy!" I practically cried out. Uni only smiled at me.

"Don't worry about it, win this for us!" Uni jogged to the side patting his back. That impact must have hurted.

You got this Nick...just focus..

I tossed a ball towards the other team. It was a weak throw since it didn't even make it to the other team side.

I heard laughing and snickering. I took a big breath. To the side I saw Uni giving me a thumbs up.

I'm doing this for Uni...

I leaped towards another ball, and with all my force I flung it toward the other team. To my suprise I got two people out.

My team started cheering me on. I never felt anything like this!

Cory looked in my direction and threw a ball. I stepped aside again, and managed to grab the ball. I spinned around and threw it back.

"Son OF A-#" Cory cried out angrily. I swear I saw a bit of steam coming out of his mouth. I started sweating.

"Yeah Nick!" Uni cheered.

I'm actually getting the hang of this. My team members around me started helping me out. Although, some got out they still managed to take the other players out as well.

"OW YOU FUCK-" I heard Jon growl. I notice he was pinned by a bunch of balls.

Out of no where, my teammates around me got knocked out quickly. They were going down like domino's.

"Heh, how pathetic." Tommy smirked. He dodged left to right, not getting hit a single time. I took cover under my teammates trying to grab a ball.

As more time passed, I notice two people were left....one in each team...