***

It's 7 o'clock and i haven't done anything to get ready. Harry is going to be here in an hour. I quickly touch up my makeup and straighten my hair. I change into the maroon sweater and black jeans. I spray some perfume on my wrist and neck. Then I pull on my boots.
I look okay. I look how I usually look though. I'm debating on whether I should put on eyeliner or not. I think I'm going to.
After several failed attempts putting eyeliner on it looks about even. I smile at myself in the mirror. I can do this. I have to reach beyond my comfort zone.
I text Harry and tell him not to come to the door. My dad might freak and I don't need that tonight. He texts back "okay".
Ten minutes later I see Harry's car pull up. I look in the mirror once more and grab my purse. I call out to my dad as I'm heading down the stairs. "Be safe!", he replies which surprises me. Everything he is doing right now is surprising. I then walk outside to meet Harry.
He doesn't get out to open the car door like he usually does but it doesn't bother me. I get in the car and shut the door. He's wearing his black jeans and a flannel. He has a bandana in his hair again. I like it. "Hey", he says plainly, pulling out of my driveway. He looks upset but I don't want to ask what's wrong. "You look nice", he smiles, making my cheeks heat. "Thanks, so do you." Really? My cheeks heat more and he laughs. Even though he is laughing he still looks on edge. "This will be fun, I promise", he tells me. "I know", I reply. Will it actually be fun? I don't know.
After about 30 minutes of driving we pull into a long driveway, which I assume is where the frat house is. There is already a lot of cars parked and it's not even 9 o'clock yet. "You ready?", he asks. "I guess so", I say. We both open our car doors and walk up to the front porch.
There are two people sitting on the swing outside and Harry waves to them. Harry doesn't even knock, he just opens the front door. "This is my mate Louis' place", he tells me. "Oh okay", I say. At least Harry knows the guy.
The music is really loud. There are people scattered everywhere. I stay close to Harry as we walk through the house. It's quite large. Girls are dancing with some sort of alcohol in hand. Guys have beers. They look like they are having fun.
"Hey um, I'm gonna go upstairs for a bit", Harry says suddenly. "Will you be okay down here?" Is he serious? This is exactly what I was worried about. I knew he wouldn't stay with me the whole night, I just didn't think he would want to get away so quickly. "I know I said I wouldn't leave you but it will be quick.", he smiles a little. "Um okay, I guess", I have no idea what to do. "Just go sit on the sofa and get yourself something to drink. I'll be right back.", he says.
I feel like crying. I'm so uncomfortable. "Alright", I say to him even though I want to beg him to stay. He squeezes my hand and runs off, leaving me alone. I don't want to drink anything so I go to the couch. I sit awkwardly for a few minutes until I see a familiar face walk through the door. It's Niall, Harry's roommate.
When his eyes lock with mine they show concern. He nods at me and walks to the kitchen with the other boy he came in with. I'm alone once again.
"What are you doing?", a voice says. I turn my head. It's Niall. He slowly brings his beer up to his lips and drinks. "I um", I start. "Where the hell is Harry?", he interrupts. "Um he said he was going upstairs for a little while?", I didn't mean for it to come out as a question. His eyes widen a little and I become worrisome. "He just left you here?", he asks. "Ya, I mean he said he would be right back", I tell him. "I'll sit with you until he comes back", he smiles at me. "Oh no you don't have to", I say. I really want him to though. "I insist. Harry can just be rude sometimes", he laughs. God, his laugh is great. It makes me feel better just hearing it. I like Niall.
We talk for awhile. I talk about high school and how much I hate it. He laughs a lot and it makes me feel great. I even drink one beer to loosen up a little. It's gross, but I drink it anyway. He tells me a bunch of stories that make me laugh so hard, I feel I could pee. I'm having a lot of fun with Niall, just sitting on the couch with him.
He occasionally gets up to get himself more beers and with each one he gets even funnier. I almost forget Harry went upstairs, until I look at my phone and it reads 11:00. He's been up there for a good 2 hours. People are playing drinking games and couples are making out. I still feel off even though Niall has been great company.
I tell Niall that I'm going to try to find Harry, but he's so drunk he just laughs. I giggle and walk up the steps. It was so sweet of Niall to sit there with me. He could have been partying it up but he didn't, he just got really drunk and talked to me.
When I get upstairs, I see that there are several different doorways. Two are open and the others are closed. There are people standing in the hallway talking and groping each other. I have no idea which room Harry is in so I check the open doors first. One, I realize is a bathroom, and one is an office looking room. Both are empty, besides to short boys looking at god knows what on the computer.
I try the first door and it opens easily, there are people sitting on the ground smoking some sort of drug. There is smoke filling the room. They all look up to stare at me and none of them are Harry. "Sorry wrong room", I say and close the door. I open the next door and see two girls passed out in the same bed and immediately close the door. Maybe I should just give up on finding him and get a ride home.
I try one more door and regret it completely. I see Harry. He's obviously not alone. There is a girl sitting on top of him and they're kissing, her hands are in his hair. Harry doesn't have his shirt on. I cover my mouth in shock. He breaks their kiss and looks up. The door creaked and he must have heard it.
His eyes widen when he sees me. I'm so utterly embarrassed. He goes to stand but I slam the door. Why am I upset? It's not like we are dating, I just.. I really thought he liked me. I want to cry and scream but there is no point. I'm so embarrassed. I really do regret coming to this damn party.
I hear the door open that he was in but I continue walking down the stairs back towards Niall, who is still seated on the couch, beer in hand making everyone laugh. I'd much rather be around him right now.

___________________

I know I said I would be updating Sunday nights, but I finished this chapter early so why not post it now. Hope you liked it! Don't forget to vote and comment! xx