Chapter 28: Round 1

As the timer went to down to start the fight Izuku was preparing his "Stockpile" for the 7 Meteor impact that he planned on using to eliminate any who were not prepared enough. Izuku knew he could get at least a few of the schools to lose a couple students. The timer hit zero and was replaced by a new timer that seemed to be counting down from 60. Izuku jumped into the air as Cain decreased the gravity of all those in the arena except for their school, Izuku flew down to the arena releasing a torrent of flames outwardly. Izuku sent out 15 students from 2 different schools and then an announcement was played saying that those two schools had been eliminated though Izuku saw a few more students from those schools. The second timer was at 10 and was still counting down. Izuku looked to the students in his class with confusion on his face as he went back to them. "Any ideas as to why those schools got eliminated?" As if in answer the second timer buzzed and an announcement went off. "Thus ends the primary elimination period where if one student from a school was eliminated the whole school was eliminated." Izuku and the others look to each other and are happy nobody got eliminated. As this ended the arena broke into a massive battle ground as everyone went into a frenzy of attacks. Izuku decided that it would be best if he separated from the others as he had just made himself a bit of a target. Izuku ran to middle of the arena where a multitude of schools had begun fighting Izuku tried using the technique he had been learning from Cain to get there faster, he managed to close some of the distance but not like how it was supposed to work. Izuku got to the middle and unleashed a kick to the closest student who blocked it with ease as he then turned and tried to hit Izuku with a blast of air, Izuku felt it and decided to let it carry him a little bit. Izuku landed a few feet from where he had been with no noticeable damage due to shock absorption. He charged the guy again this time feinting a kick and quickly turning it into a punch to the chest that the guy was unable to block, this disoriented the kid a bit as he unleashed what Izuku would call a wave of vibrations. Izuku understood he had a quirk that allowed him to create vibrations in the air allowing for close range and long range fighting. Izuku smiled as he was always happy to fight someone with a quirk he hadn't seen, just then a blade flew by Izuku's face barely missing him as it appeared that another student came to help him. Izuku realized that this meant that its possible that one of them isn't as capable as the other. Izuku began to panic as he proceeded to dodge multiple attacks from swords and shockwaves. Izuku knew he would have to beat these guys soon before he makes a mistake, as he was trying to make a plan he thought of something. He manifested his death form and smiled as the other two backed away a little unsure about this quirk, Izuku manifested his scythe and let loose a creepy smile and laugh. "The reaper has come to collect!" Izuku said during his laughter as he charged the two students and attacking the one with a sword he swung at his chest, Izuku smirked knowing his scythe was ethereal and would pass through the sword trying to block it. The blow landed and the student with the sword fell down unable to move. The other guy looked at Izuku. "What the hell did you do?" Izuku looked to the boy and spun his scythe around him. "Paralysis it is very useful in this situation, especially when the weapon that induces it is ethereal." Izuku laughed and charged the boy once more this time pretending to swing his scythe at him but stopping as he lands a palm strike into his chest and uses his flames to send him flying. "It also allows me to trick opponents into thinking it will be my main weapon." Izuku then ran at the boy who was on the ground still paralyzed picked him up. "Time to say goodbye." Izuku used his stockpile to throw the boy out of the ring at a high speed. The boy wielding shockwaves got up and started walking towards Izuku, he threw a punch which Izuku went to block just to have it go through his arm that tried to block and then hit his face. Izuku backed away as he was a bit confused as to how he had been hit. Izuku realized the vibrations could have allowed him to pass through the solid material of his arm then stop the vibrations to land the hit, he was impressed with the amount of precision and control the guy had over his quirk. Izuku smiled as he then charged the boy to throw another hit this time he purposely overshot his punch to make it look like he had misjudged and then released a spout of flames into the boy. This managed to knock the boy over, Izuku walked up to the boy. "Good fight, too bad you hgad predictable movements after using your quirk." Izuku then picked him up and threw him towards the edge before grabbing him with telekinesis to force him out of the arena. With that another 2 students had been eliminated and Izuku began walking towards more students as an explosion happened behind him seemingly where his teammates were when he gets over there he sees Amestra, Scarlet, Cain, Stephen, and Alice the other four were no where to be seen. "What happened to the others?" Izuku asked. "That explosion sent them out so it is just us 6 now." Amestra explained. Izuku nodded then went around trying to fight more students with his eliminating process there were currently about 6 schools left each with a varying amount of students left. The monitor above the arena began counting down from ten but it wasn't in time it was the amount of students until the second round of students had been decided. Izuku knew that they would make it to the next round and wondered what it would be like in the next round just as he finished that thought there was a sudden loss of ten students. "Thus the first round ends all those remaining please return to your mentors and begin preparing for the next round to be held in a few days from now." They all began walking to their mentors and principals. "Good Job guys for making it to the next round." Marco said one of the other students eliminated from the explosion. "Thanks sorry about not being able to save you from the explosion." Alice said bowing, Marco blushed and rubs the back of his neck. Izuku noticed this and then smiled to his teammates. "So any idea what happens from here on out?" Amestra looked to Izuku. "Now it should be the one on one battle but with 50 of us the bracket will look weird."  Izuku smiled. "Well at least it will be the one on one battles we should be able to win these pretty easily." Amestra looked down. "Honestly I have never made within the top 20 of the tournament the only person to come close was Mitsuki who lost to the guy who won last years tournament." Izuku looked down. "So what your saying is there isn't much of a chance for us to actually win the tournament." Amestra nodded, Izuku got pissed off and began walking away. "I am going to do some training I will see you guys later." Izuku walked off and began getting ready to train more on the flash step technique. The second round came up fast and Izuku still felt unprepared for what could be coming. 

There was a man standing at the podium in the center of the stage the remaining students had to meet at, he stood there looking over the group. "Well first of all I would like to congratulate you all for making it to the second round, I see some familiar faces and some not so familiar faces. So I would like to explain the rules of the second round. All participants will draw a number and then those numbers will be randomly put into the brackets discerning who faces who. When it comes time to your match there will be one round where the first to surrender or be unable to continue will lose. The use of any means except killing is allowed, those students who make it to the top of their bracket will proceed to round three which will be a top 13 with one person getting a by to the final round." Izuku nodded meaning there was a possibility he could make it to the finals with only winning one or two matches. The students all walked and drew numbers, there was an intense aura coming from many students while others looked nervous. Izuku's number was 36, Izuku looked for his name in the brackets and saw he had to win 3 fights as he was in one of the shittier brackets he let out a pissed of sigh, he saw he was fighting whoever drew number 1. Izuku quickly looked around and saw that there was a guy who was wearing all black and had his face covered. "Amestra who is that guy I have a weird feeling about him?" Amestra looked towards where Izuku was looking and her eyes widened. "That's the guy who won the tournament last year, he is known as the Undertaker and his quirk isn't really well known but he has been known to mess with his opponents heads during the match before causing them to be paralyzed." Izuku thought of Shinsou when she said this due to the seemingly similar style of their quirks. The next day it was time for Izuku's match, he began walking to the arena and Amestra came running. "I found out who you are facing! You are facing the Undertaker, Izuku be careful or he will cause you to lose right away." Izuku smiled and put up a peace sign as he entered the arena.