Chapter 21: Realizations

Izuku spent the next couple days being following what the council told him to do and accepting challenges, Izuku was bored as his challengers were all low ranking but required next to no effort to beat. Izuku knew that someone had been following him from a distance but had yet to do anything other than that, he decided to try and find out who it was and turned and used his stockpile quirk to speed to where the stalker was. When he got to the person he found Amestra. "Amestra why have you been following me? Trying to see how well I'm adapting to my quirks or is there something you haven't told me?" Amestra blushed and smiled, she rubbed the back of her neck. "Well Izuku, how should I put this? I... uh... forgot to tell you that the downsides of my quirk changing is that the downside of the quirks are weird and we won't know what they are until they appear so I have been trying to find them by following you." Izuku laughed. "Well you could of just asked to come with me instead of being a stalker." Izuku smiled and it was obvious that he had no clue her true intentions. "If you want ,I have a challenger lined up later they messaged me through Stephen, and you can come to the fight to witness any downsides that I haven't already figured out." Amestra smiled and nodded and began walking with Izuku. "So I have a question Amestra, are there actually any classes or is it all just fighting?" Amestra looked confused. "Is there normal classes at your Japan school?" Izuku nodded. "Yeah we have normal classes and classes for quirk training, to be honest we have classes for every aspect of heroics." Amestra's eyes widened, she looked amazed that someone so strong could come from a school that doesn't rely on fighting as it's curriculum. 

A Few Hours Pass

Izuku was heading to the arena that had been booked for this fight. When he entered he saw there was a girl talking to Stephen. She had Blonde hair, was fairly tall and looked to be decently built to fight, he began wondering what her quirk would be. Stephen ran over to Izuku. "Don't take her lightly she is a very cunning and powerful fighter she always waits to fight new students until she determines them as suitable opponent." As soon as he finished talking he ran out of the arena. The timer to the beginning was counting down, and Izuku had begun changing into his costume which he would need to re-design due to the sudden quirk change but he hadn't thought of how to implement the quirk into the re-design. 

10....9....8....7....6....5....4....3....2...1....BEGIN. The girl charged him like he would normally do to his opponents, Izuku activated his cloak and hood. She landed a punch on his head but the hood managed to lessen the damage done but it still sent him flying to the wall. People gasped as it was the first time he was fighting someone who was close range that he didn't dominate. He got up and smiled as he decided to do some showboating. "Wow that actually kinda tick..." And another blow this time to the chest sent Izuku flying into another wall. Izuku got up and coughed a bit and spit out a bit of blood. "Okay this is going to be a bitch." She charged again and this time went for a kick to his legs Izuku felt the kick and knew he wasn't going to be able to counter so he went to block, the girl followed up her kick with a second kick to his back sending Izuku into the air as he had prepared for a punch to send him into the ground. As he was in the air Izuku felt he would be able to recover, as soon as he thought this he felt a pain in front of him and was sent flying into the ground. Izuku was confused about how this was happening, he activated his stockpile and tried to use the speed to get around to her back. He was sent flying into the wall behind her, Izuku began getting pissed off and small flames began appearing all over his body. The girl smiled and launched herself at him with her knee out, she connected the hit into his gut and Izuku's cloak and hood dissipated. She stood beside him and pulled him out of then wall and then proceeded to drop him onto the floor. "I believe that is my victory." The crowd began to cheer before a sudden gasp was heard as Izuku began standing up his green hair flowing like fire, his pupils turned to skulls and the whites of his eyes turned black. He grabbed her head and threw her across the arena but she landed with her feet to the wall and then hopped down. "Oh, are we getting an actual fight?" The girl said, then jumped towards him and did a spin kick on the ground to knock Izuku off his feet. Izuku then used his fire quirk which he had yet to awaken. Black and gray flames launched from his hands and he was sent into the air dodging her attempted strike. Izuku used his stockpile quirk from the roof of the building and tried to land a kick onto her but she managed to push his kick away with ease. She then punched him in the face and sent him into a wall this time knocking Izuku out. "Now it's my win, right?" she says looking to Izuku slumped down against the wall unconscious. She then begins walking out of the arena as Amestra, Alice, and Stephen run to him to bring him to the nurse.

Izuku woke up 3 days later in the nurses office unsure of how long had passed. "What happened?" Alice was there and began answering. "You lost your fight against that challenger that Stephen set up for you. You didn't know who you were fighting did you?" Izuku nodded. "No, I didn't know but I'm guessing it was his childhood friend Elly right?" Alice nodded. "Well at least I didn't lose any rank." Izuku got up off the bed and then smiled. "Hey Alice could you take me around town so I can get some new clothes and some other things." Alice nodded. "Of course, it isn't like we have any classes." They both laughed at this, as soon as they left the room Stephen was there. "Izuku, are you okay man? You gave me a bit of a scare there." Izuku smiled. "Yeah man I'm fine just upset I didn't get to awaken my fire quirk." Alice and Stephen looked at him. "Dude, you let loose some fire during the match. Don't you remember after your cloak and hood disappeared you came at Elly with your skull eyes and let loose some fire." Izuku sighed. "I guess that was always apart of my quirk. You see when I get into a state where I am pissed off and want to win the fight I am in if I get knocked out there is a high chance of my eyes turning to those skulls. It also seems to increase my abilities by a lot but I have been to tap into that power while conscious but it is hard. So I guess that means my fire power should be easy to access now." Izuku saw the reactions of his friends and knew they believed it. They then proceeded to go into town, Izuku got a few pairs of jeans, a few t-shirts and a couple sweaters. Izuku decided he would also get a haircut, he got it cut short on the sides and back but kept the length on top and decided to let it go down the side of his face making him look a bit scarier. While they were out Izuku felt uneasy and on their way back there was an explosion, Izuku knew something was up and he ran towards it while the others kinda just stood there. When Izuku got to the source of the explosion he fell to his knees in horror. Standing there was the familiar figure that has caused his life to go into chaos.