Chapter 24: Preparation

The next day there was an announcement that the whole school was to meet in the main hall for a message from the principle. Izuku had decided that during the time before the message he would go train. Alice followed him as she had once again began worrying as he had been training non-stop since his return. Izuku knew he had to become a hero that could defeat All For One before he could return and in recent times with a Nomu attacking the city he is in he knew he had to gain power as fast as possible. The time came for the principal to give his message and Izuku arrived in a black sleeveless top he uses when he trains. "Students as many if not all of you know it is about a month before the Continental Tournament, and you must also know there is very little time to bring yourself to the top of the rankings to cement your seat. Though I wish to inform you all that this year we will change the way the students are picked. This year there will be a battle royale, and this year only ten students will be sent from our school. This means the final ten students in this battle royale will be going to the tournament. This fight will take place in a week from now." With that the principal returned to his office and the students all began running to the training room Izuku knew he would have to find somewhere else to train or he could fight people who want to. Mitsuki and Scarlet walked towards Izuku, both were pushing the other out of the way as if they were going to ask the same thing. "IZUKU WANT TO HAVE A FIGHT?!" Both of them screamed in unison, Izuku smiled at the pair who were both determined to fight Izuku. "How about this we do a three way battle that way we can all train at once?" The two students look at each other and nod at each other. Just then they hear Stephen and Amestra yell to them. "How about a five way fight instead?" Izuku got pumped up and knew this was going to be amazing. 

The arena grounds cleared as they saw 5 well known students heading to the arena for a fight. As soon as they entered all the students surrounded the arena in anticipation of the fight that would determine who the biggest threat in the battle royale would be. They all began changing into their hero costumes. Amestra wore a pair of tight-fitting pants and a jacket that cloaked over her down to her upper calves. Mitsuki and Scarlet got into their costumes as well, and Izuku decided that he would just wear wear his training top with a pair of black jeans. The match began with Stephen who was wearing his normal clothes charging scarlet with his two katanas Scarlet used her flames to dodge and create a way to break line of sight of Stephen. As soon as this happens Mitsuki charges behind Stephen and grabs him from behind before throwing him onto his back. Stephen lands on his hands and uses the momentum to bring Mitsuki along and sliced his back, Amestra smiled as Mitsuki backed away from Stephen and Amestra took this chance and swung a pair of swords at Stephen. The pair of sword wielders clashed and both were swinging their weapons very quickly that many of the other students were unable to see the clash and those that could were shocked at the speed and precision the two were showing. While these two were fighting Izuku had taken the opportunity to attack Scarlet who was attacking Mitsuki, Mituski used the cut on his back to use part of Stephen's quirk causing the poison to be mixed with Mitsuki's blood attacks. Scarlet knew that if the blood attacks hit she would slowly have her stamina drained, just as she was thinking of this Izuku appeared out of nowhere and sent a kick to her chest she blocked it but used some fire to propel her to reduce the impact. Izuku continued his assault on both Mitsuki and Scarlet throwing punches and kicks at both while they fend one another off before disappearing with his speed. Izuku knew that Mitsuki would activate his W.M.D soon as he couldn't get close to Scarlet and he would be able to overpower her at that range. Just then Izuku dodged a ball of flames that had cut him off, he smirked as he had realized Scarlet had figured out his path and Izuku had to begin dodging constantly and he began getting frustrated that she was holding off Mitsuki and him at the same time. Izuku developed a plan and charged Mitsuki's back and drop kicked him into the direction of Scarlet, Mitsuki seemingly understood what the plan was and began activating his W.M.D as he did putting his fist out to try and land a punch on Scarlet. Scarlet managed to dodge this barely and she began going on the defensive and started dodging Mitsuki's blows knowing one hit could be enough to finish her. Mitsuki was seemingly fighting like a berserker but all his hits were thrown with precision, Scarlet was firing flames at Mitsuki's face to try and make him unable to see where he is hitting but his accuracy didn't change at all and the flames were seemingly weakened by the air pressure caused from each hit. Izuku stood backand watched as everyone else had a fighting partner and smiled as he knew that he now just had to pick who he would interrupt. Izuku watched as Stephen was able to hold back Amestra with swords seemingly but it was obvious she had gotten some hits on him from the small pool of blood at his feet, Scarlet was beginning to be overwhelmed by the sheer force of Mitsuki's W.M.D. Izuku began chuckling to himself as he began using fire to coat his arms in flames and lighting his hair on fire making it seem like it was liquid on his head but standing up. He charged in with fists in towards his chest making quick movements towards Mitsuki and Scarlet. As soon as he got close the pair noticed the boy who had seemingly played them at this point, Izuku sent a right hook into the jaw of Mitsuki and continued the movement by hooking his head and using the momentum to swing a kick towards Scarlet's head landing it in the jaw sending her flying into the nearby wall, this managed to knock her out eliminating her from the 5 man fight. Izuku and Mitsuki stood facing each other. Mitsuki threw a punch at Izuku who grabbed the arm he had thrown the punch with and flipped him over his shoulder and followed it up with a heel drop into the chest of Mitsuki causing a massive amount of air pressure to be released and sending the sword fighters swings off balance as they try to hold their stances. When the dust settled Izuku had a spear of blood through his side and Izuku smiled as he looked down at an unconscious Mitsuki. Stephen and Amestra nodded as they both charged at Izuku and landed blows in different areas of his body Amestra aiming for his arms and chest and Stephen going for the legs. After this attack Izuku fell down onto his face and was declared unconscious. This left the two sword fighters Stephen was seemingly losing currently but had yet to activate his secondary quirk of his reduced pain intake, as they continued Amestra managed to land a few more hits before creating another weapon this time it was a large blade that she switched with her left handed blade and then spawned a katana in her mouth and began an onslaught of attacks that Stephen could only block 2 at a time so with each flurry was being hit by at least one blade. This continued until Stephen fell to a knee and then his attitude changed as he began swinging wildly at Amestra and taking hits while doing this, in the end Stephen passed out from blood loss and Amestra fell to her knee not long after due to a cut that Stephen had landed. 

The next day they all woke up in the nurses office and began laughing at the fact that all of them ended up there. Izuku smiled knowing his power had increased as he had beaten two people that gave him problems. 

Inside Izuku's Mind

All-Might stood there smiling and giving him a thumbs up. "Good job Young Midoriya, you have improved a lot, but you are still being held back by your lust for revenge." All For One watched and smiled. "Well what can you expect I'm technically the reason he is alone." Izuku stood there staring down All For One obviously pissed off at him. "Why is this a thing that happens now? Why do I see my mortal enemy and my hero in my head. If both of you were dead it would make more sense but one of you are actually alive." The two figures stood and smiled. "We are the choices you will have to make, I represent the side of you that wants to remain a hero and protect everyone. And All For One is the manifestation of your darker urges and your path towards villainy and was accelerated when you fought him. The reason we know appear in your head and this reality is due to your change of quirks it is the downside of your flames, they cause you to slip into this realm mentally. This realm will also cause your mind great strain as it is also where you will be forced to see flashes and visions of horrors that could befall you but might not as well." Izuku stood there dumbfounded at how he was in such a gray area between hero and villain but noticed that since the last time All For One did seem slightly smaller. 

In the real world

Izuku was training in the training room working towards mastering combinations of his quirks. So far his scythe seemed to be lack luster with very minimal help unless he sees a quirk he could steal for good use. At the moment he worked on mastering his flames as a reinforcement kind of skill, currently he had to use a lot of focus to make sure that his flames temperature were cold enough to not burn himself while also giving off enough heat to damage opponents. Izuku knew there wasn't much time left before the battle royale and he was confident that he could make the top ten but knew that he should continue his training.