Chapter 14: Pumped up

Izuku began walking to the room that Mei was usually found working on her "babies". Izuku saw her working on something that looked to be a jet pack but when he entered she looked at him and smiled. "Heya Izuku what can I do for you? Do you need some help from me and my babies?" Izuku laughed "Yea I guess you could say I do need some help. You see..." Izuku looks down to his missing arm. "Is it possible that you could make a cybernetic arm that would still allow me to use my quirks?" Mei's eyes begin getting a sparkle in them as she begins measuring his wound she looks to him. "I believe I could make that to your specifications. Though why does your arm affect your quirks?" Izuku looked down. "Well my manifestation forms all seemingly come from my palm which is now gone but my shadow step is unaffected, but that leaves me lacking in the power I once had." Mei looks to Izuku in acknowledgement and begins to work, with one thought in the back of her head. "He might not have realized yet that this may not actually help him. If his quirks were stuck into his arms he might not be able to activate them even if he gets a cybernetic." Izuku went home for the night excited that he will be able to begin hunting All For One again. 

Later that night

Izuku was walking through an alley near his old house when he began seeing things. At first he thought he saw the man he had first activated his quirk on, then he thought he saw a noumu, eventually he saw his dead mother at a turn, when he saw this he got pissed off and began searching for who did it, he then saw the villain Muscular who he remembered confessed to killing his mother. He lunged at the villain who turned into All For One and then stumbled into a hit that cut his arm off. Izuku then sprang up in his bed sweat on his forehead. He looked around and realized he had had a nightmare. He sat there for the rest of the night not wanting to go back into his own head in fear of a worse nightmare appearing. 

The next day

Izuku arrived at the room where Mei had told him to go. He was excited that he was about to get his arm but his lack of sleep prevented him from truly being hyper. Mei showed up about 10 minutes after Izuku had gotten there with a box that contained his new arm. Izuku tried the arm on and he felt it adjust to his body. As he moved it around he felt the metal moving and was unsure how it was that he could feel things throughout the arm. Mei looked at the boy. "I realize this will be a new feeling but this arm is now apart of you almost as if it was a second arm. This is going to sound insane but as soon as you attached the arm it became a part of you. I made it so attaching it would cause several needles to jab into your arm but with them being so small it wouldn't be noticeable. These needles attached your nervous system to electrical systems throughout the arm and causes feelings in an attempt to make it seem as human as possible to you. Though the real test will be whether you can manifest your quirks through it." Izuku smiled as he touched the tips of the fingers with his other hands and felt his hand with his new cybernetic. He smiled and then began trying to activate his quirks. He couldn't feel them in his palm anymore and began panicking. "Wh-What the hell?! Why can't I activate my quirks?! Mei I thought you said you would be able to make it to my specifications mainly being able to use my quirks." Mei looked down. "I was afraid this would happen, Izuku you aren't going to be able to use those quirks anymore they were attached to that arm meaning when you lost it those quirks slowly drained from you and I am guessing after your recovery it was long enough for the quirks to dissipate." Izuku got a fire in his eyes. "THEN WHAT THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO DO?!?!" Izuku punched a nearby wall and it cracked. Mei looked to Izuku. "I did my best to analyze the footage from your exam to try and replicate your quirks into this arm but it does mean that only those quirks you used during that exam." Izuku looked at the arm then back to Mei. "Then how do I activate the quirks?"  Mei laughed. "Well they are activated through the use of either voice commands or once you get used to it there are triggers that use neural impulses to be activated." Izuku smiled and tried to use one of these triggers and managed to activate it as he did he saw as a black gas came out of several small holes on the arm that seemingly became solid as they surrounded his head and body and manifested into a cloak and hood. "Oh Hell Yeah that is what I am talking about. Thank you so much Mei if you ever need anything and I mean anything please don't hesitate to ask." With that Izuku walked out of the room and towards the training area to practice with his new powers.