Chapter 18: Day 2 Rank 1

The next morning Izuku awoke to the unfamiliar sight that is his room. He knew he would get used to it eventually but it was just so different from what he was used to that it would definitely take some time. As if to interrupt his thoughts he noticed a figure near the door to the washroom, it was Alice. Their eyes met and Alice went red as she was half naked, when Izuku noticed that fact he went more red than Todoroki's hair. She looked to him and covered herself as much as she could with her hands before slamming the door shut. Izuku just sat there not sure what to do after what he had just seen. About 10 minutes later Alice came out of the bathroom dressed. He looked at her waiting for her to slap him or hit him or something but what he didn't expect was what happened next. She looked him in the eyes. "You just have to ask if you want to see. But if you try to sneak a peek next time you'll be in the nurses office for a while with crystal spears piercing your body." She turned away from him. "Also it's partially my fault I am not used to having a roommate for long and especially not one who wakes up as early as you do." Izuku looked confused about the whole situation. He was basically told he could see her naked if he asked. On top of that she seemed like she either wakes up extremely early or never went to sleep. "Alice did you sleep?" Alice looks surprised at the question. "Well no, I didn't but how did you know?" Izuku looked at her. "Well you said you aren't used to people waking up as early as me which makes me think you have insomnia so you don't sleep much if at all." She laughs halfheartedly. "Well yeah, I do have insomnia it because of my quirk. While yes I can manipulate crystal which in itself would be a great power but the downside is what causes my lack of progress due to me being to tired to actually being able sleep. It's weird but it is like whenever I try to fall asleep the crystals have an inner light that is always in my eyes preventing me from being able to sleep." Izuku knew that it was a possibility that downsides could be self harming but this is the first one he has seen that caused a significant health risk. Alice then asked Izuku about the downsides to his quirks. "Well that isn't a big problem for me. I actually have three quirks in a way. I have my Death and Dark Manifest forms and what I call Shadow Step. The Death Manifest's downside is it needs life force to activate but recently it seems to have made another source of power due to my arm. My Dark Manifest's only downside is if i use it while I am too angry or have too much negative emotions I risk embracing the darkness and turning evil and it has happened where I nearly turned before leaving Japan. Shadow Step doesn't seem to have a downside that is noticeable." Alice looks at Izuku with wonder in her eyes. "Wow you must be one of the few who doesn't have a serious downside. No wonder you were the best student at your school." Izuku laughed. "Well no most of my classmates had downsides that weren't that bad especially my friend Todoroki, he used fire and ice and the downsides for both of those quirks countered each other so he had no downsides to his quirks." Alice's eyes widened. They both talked about quirks and the weaknesses that each individual had for hours without them realizing how much time had passed.

After their talk had ended Izuku went out of his room to see Stephen waiting their. Izuku had no clue what was about to happen so he smiled at Stephen. "You're the one who beat me, Izuku right?" Izuku nodded. "Good, I have one thing to say to you. Be my friend Izuku, it has been a long time since someone was able to beat me down until I was unconscious. Normally I only challenge my rival Elly and she refuses to finish our fights by knocking me out." Izuku just stood there shocked at how similiar he and Bakugo are but also how different they are too.  "Also I was sent here by the student council president to pick you up. SOO if you would follow me we can go to the meeting." Izuku followed and they came to a room with two big wooden doors. Stephen kicked the doors in to open them. Izuku just stood there for a second before he heard Stephen tell him to hurry up. When Izuku walked in he saw a table with a few chairs. "And there is the newbie from Japan. Told you he looks like nothing special." Stephen was saying to a girl at the head of the table. "Izuku, I am the the student council president. The name is Amestra, not a common name but my parents weren't the most common people. So Stephen here told me you would probably be good on this council as he says he was defeated with ease. Though I would like to test your skills myself and I will determine whether I believe you to be worthy of being on this council. Oh and I am rank 1 so prepare for a fight with the best." Izuku smiled and got into his fighting stance. "Does this mean when I win I become the new rank 1?" Amestra smiled. "If you win. Yes that would mean you would be rank one but good luck as I have yet to be defeated." Izuku lunged at her and she summoned a sword quickly before he had closed the distance and used the face of the blade to redirect his punch away from her. Izuku laughed after missing and activated his cloak and hood before then activating his Dark Manifest form as well. She looked at him impressed as she manifested what appeared to be a desert eagle in her off hand and aimed it at him before quickly launching several shots at him. Izuku turned around and used his cloak to take a few of the shots but pretended to fall down injured. "Stephen I thought you said he was impressive. How did this guy beat you?" she walked over to him and made the deagle disappear before spawning another sword and she went to stab him with both swords when Izuku did a spin kick to knock out her legs. She let out a surprised sound as she began falling. She immediately made the swords disappear and spawned two fist weapons to help her push herself back up before hitting the ground. "I see you used my lack of knowldege of your durability and quirk resilience to trick me into a false sense of security, good work." She took a few steps back before spawning in a sub machine gun and a deagle. She began firing at Izuku who knew now he would have to dodge as his cloak could only take so much damage so he quickly turned to make the cloak face where the shots were coming from and used his Shadow Step to phase into the ground. Amestra had heard about this quirk and created a big hammer and began smashing parts of the ground with it. Izuku swerved around where she was hitting and appeared behind her but was met with the deagle in her off hand being pointed into his gut. "Checkmate, Izuku" Izuku smiled. "Not yet, it isn't." Izuku phased back into the ground and popped back up in the same spot and had his scythe ready around her waist but this time she had the deagle and the SMG pressed into his gut. "So what is faster your scythe or my guns." Izuku smiles as he begins to move he feels shots into his gut and falls to his side. "My guns were the answer Izuku. But you will be fine I make my guns with non-lethal bullets. I would also like to welcome you to the student council Izuku." Izuku managed to get to his feet but was in evident pain. "Thanks, glad I was impressive. Now I guess that means I didn't get rank one." Amestra laughed. "No but I could see you breaking the top ten with some more training."