Chapter 31: Brackets

They arrived at the tournament grounds a few days later and began waiting for the first round to begin. There was then announcement, it decreed that this year the tournament would be fought in a classic bracket style the who time this meant that there would be four blocks but the finals would be a four person fight to determine the winner. Izuku smiled knowing he would be able to win one on ones pretty easily, he was also hoping to fight the Undertaker again. The day of the A block bouts came and only Scarlet was in that block, the only notable fighters other than her was the water user from the previous tournament that she would have to beat to get into the finals. That days matches went by fairly quick with Scarlet taking down her opponents very quickly and her biggest threat had been eliminated the round before the finals, Scarlet had become ecstatic as soon as she knew she wouldn't have to fight the person who had previously eliminated her. Scarlet spent the last fight of her block toying with her opponent making it a show which many enjoyed as it showed her potential as a top hero. The next day B block would be the block competing Stephen and Alice would be competing in these matches. When the time came for Stephen's first match of the bracket his opponent showed up in a hood and cloak that hid his entire body and face from everyone. There was an announcement, "This match will be Stephen versus a solo entry who is not affiliated with any school and is going by the name Devil of Light." The match begins with Stephen smiling and charging his opponent who blocks his swords with a couple fingers. He then releases a hold of his powers and the ground beneath him cracks and all of a sudden they are in a crater and a punch lands in Stephen's gut sending him flying from the ring so far that it takes about 30 minutes to find Stephen unconscious in the side of a building in the town nearby. "The winner is the Devil of Light, a strong contender to win this years tournament." Alice's match was much less eventful as her opponent was a lightning user who was unable to do anything to the crystals Alice made as she had created an armor of crystal that couldn't conduct electricity thus allowing her to pummel her opponent without repercussions. The next few matches were nothing crazy and in the finals of the B block it was Alice versus the Devil of Light. Alice created an armor of diamond which has the ability to withstand 6 million atmospheres (if you guys think I am bull shiting the power it can withstand check this link https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diamond#Material_properties go to pressure) with her armor created she hoped his power wasn't enough to break this armor, when the match started the person charged and landed a punch to her chest shattering the armor and knocking her out instantly. "Once again the Devil of Light has won his match in a single hit." Izuku was not looking forward to possibly having to fight this person in the finals they seemed to be overpowered being able to break an armor of diamond in a single hit. The following day was C block which was Amestra's time to shine but she said she needed to talk to Izuku before the day of her matches in private. Later that day they met up and Izuku was wondering what she wanted to talk about. "Izuku, I need to tell you that I... um I like you a lot and I wanted to know if you would consider going on a date with me and based on that date becoming my boyfriend?" Izuku's face turned red at this question. Izuku rubbed the back of his neck while smiling. "Well sure it sounds like fun." Amestra smiled and went to go prepare for her matches. Izuku went to his room and sat on his bed as Stephen walked into the room a cast on his left leg and bandages all over him. "Yo Izuku sorry I couldn't get to the finals, that person was ridiculously strong. It felt like whatever power they used wasn't even full strength either Alice and I talked in the med bay and she said she felt the same way. If you fight them I want you to be careful you may be strong and your stockpile is great but I just have a weird feeling about them." Izuku nodded. "I understand thanks man, so I have a question for you. ARE YOU OKAY? I have never seen you that beat up normally you recover ridiculously fast." Stephen laughed. "I'll be fine give me until later tomorrow I'll be back to normal. You should of seen me at first they took pictures and almost disqualified the person as I was basically skinned alive and there wasn't a bone in my body that wasn't broken. They only let him continue because I heal so quickly and with Alice he hadn't shattered her bones so it seemed like they knew about my quirk and knew the amount of power to use against their opponent." Izuku felt dread crawl up his spine as he knew he would have to fight someone with the analysis prowess that he has. After this they went to sleep to prepare for the next days matches. The matches that Amestra had were easily won by her except the final match where she had to go against the Undertaker. "It looks like we have a rematch from a former champion the Undertaker and the girl of a thousand weapons Amestra." The match began and the Undertaker did something he never used to do he charged in and landed a punch into the left arm of Amestra, he then landed a kick into her right leg she fell to her knees as she was paralyzed in her left arm and right leg unable to keep balance. She hadn't noticed before but he had an intimidation factor in his height if she had just been walking by this guy on the street she'd be intimidated. He appeared to be at least 7 feet tall and was fairly muscular, she never noticed due to her drive to win. He smirked and then kicked her in the chest knocking her out. "The winner is the Undertaker once again. Will he get back his title that he had given up for no reason." The final block had Izuku's matches and he beat all his opponents without using his quirks and using his flash step technique.  Izuku got to his room after his matches and saw Scarlet waiting for him. "So we have a few days before the finals match, and I wanted to let you know I will not be teaming with you for this match because I don't want to win with your help." Izuku smirked. "I would expect nothing less from you, just letting you know I do know all your weaknesses and I have no worries about holding back."  Scarlet smiled. "Good cause if I won due to you holding back I'd reject the win." 

The next day Izuku decided he would train and see when Amestra wanted to go on the date he had agreed to. When he went to train he saw Amestra also training but on the basics of fighting, Izuku just stood at the door watching her train and smiled before speaking. "Looks like I am not the first here for once." Amestra turned to face Izuku. "Yeah I thought I should train some more because I didn't even get to attack in my match. I would of really liked if we could of had more than 2 in the final four." Izuku laughed. "Well 2 in the final four is still good, don't beat yourself up over losing to a former champion. Also I have a question? When would you want to go on that date?" Amestra blushed. "When we get back from the tournament would be nice because I know exactly where I want to go for our date." Izuku smiled. "After the tournament it is then." Izuku then decided that he would train with Amestra on the basics they slowly started using quirks to train as well. After some time they began using their quirks in silly ways Amestra eventually creating super soakers for them to play with. The day went by quickly as they were having fun and Izuku was glad he got to have some time to relax before the finals.