Chapter 16

Authors Note:

Hey guuyss! Sorry for the late update. I'm sending in my computer soon for repair so this will be my last update for a while. Hope you like this chapter, it's sort of a fill-in chapter, but there is a dramatic scene in it! Hope you like it!

Rachel! xx

*

*

*

*

Rachel's P.O.V

*

*

*

*

I wake up to the sound of screaming. “Everybody get out!! Get out!! Niall!! Get away from the oven!” What is going on?? I hop out of bed and slip on my athletic shoes and put my hair into a pony tail. Suddenly I smell smoke. I walk into the hallway and look down onto the main level from the stairs. The kitchen is in flames. Oh my God. I run back into the bedroom. “Eden you need to wake up.”

“Uughh, I’m tired, I don’t want to get up.”

“You HAVE to.”

“Why.”

“BECAUSE THE FREAKING CONDO IS ON FIRE! GET YOUR BUTT OUT OF BED. AND GRAB THINGS YOU WANT TO KEEP!!!” Eden falls out of bed and runs around the room grabbing her Romantic and Airy perfume by: PINK. Meanwhile I grab my purse, laptop, and my inhaler.

“RACHEL WE NEED TO GET HARRY!!!!!!!!!!!!”

“LETS GO!!” Eden and I run around the upper level of the condo in search for Harry. By the time we find his room the smoke has made it difficult to see. Eden crawls over to his bed. She coughs before warning him.

“Harry!!! You need to get up and get outside! There is a fire in the kitchen!”

“What! My kitchen! It’s going to be gone! I need to save it!”

“There’s no time to save your kitchen! We need to save ourselves! It’s now or never!”

“Ok.” Harry, Eden, and I run downstairs with our items. The fire has consumed the whole entire kitchen and parts of the living room. “We can’t get out! Unless we want to get burnt!” Harry points towards the kitchen counters.

“We better hurry and leave because look what’s over there!” My eyes focus on the item. Hairspray. Zayn’s hairspray to be exact. “It’s going to explode any minute!!” All of us run towards the back door that leads to the pool. Once we’re about halfway there Eden slows down.

“Ow! I think I twisted my ankle!!” She tries to run but ends up tripping. Harry looks back at her in a very dramatic way. Like in Soap Operas. “Help! I can’t stand up because of my stupid ankle!” Harry sprints towards Eden, picks her up and throws her onto his shoulder. We all then continue to run outside. Then suddenly the hairspray explodes. Causing the flames to reach behind us. They get closer to us second by second. Before getting to the door that leads to the pool, we run past a book shelf. Harry picks the biggest book with his free hand and throws it at the glass window, breaking it. We all run through the broken window with our hair blowing in one direction. It almost looks like a dramatic movie scene in slow motion. Within a few seconds all three of us jump into the pool just before another flammable product explodes destroying the part of the condo we were just in. Once all of us rise up to the surface of the water we regain our breath. A sudden thought occurs to me. Does any of my electronics work? I climb out of the pool and turn on my phone. Everything seems okay. Next, I turn on the laptop. Wow it works, that’s cool. “We should find everyone else.” Harry climbs out of the pool with Eden still on his shoulder.

“I agree.” After gathering my items, I shove them into my laptop bag and purse. Then we walk to the front of the condo to see Niall, Zayn, Louis, Liam, and a firetruck. While walking over to the lads, Harry fluffs his hair up a bit.

“What happened?” Louis gives Niall a glare while crossing his arms.

“Niall, was trying to cook us breakfast, but the oven caught on fire..”

“Did you use the fire extinguiser?”

“We tried but someone wanted to fill it with whipped cream.” Louis gives Zayn a glare then looks back at Harry. “So when we went to go put the fire out, it just got worse.”

“I see, did you get anything out safely?”

“Nope...” Louis puts his thumb and index finger on the bridge of his nose. “B-but my carrots. They're gone!” Louis crys into Zayn's shoulder.

“Liam, what were you doing?”

“I was in the toilet.” I shuffle through my purse and pull out my wet phone.

“What time is the concert today?”

“Um, I think twelve thirty. Why?”

“Cause it's eleven.” Harry chokes on his spit.

“It's what?”

“Eleven o'clock.” Harry looks over to the boys.

“Lads we have an hour and a half till we have to be at our venue. We have to head there now! Fan's are probably piling up by the doors waiting to get inside.” Liam interrupts.

“How will we get there Harry if our keys to the vehicles are inside.”

“I thought we had spare keys?”

“We do, but those are inside aswell.”

“Ok, we can call a taxi.” Harry pulls out his phone and dials a few numbers. “Hello, can you bring a taxi to the corner of Pine and Maple avenue? Thank you.” A few seconds later a taxi speeds up to the curb. Everyone piles into the backseat with Liam in the passenger seat.

“Where to?”

“Can you take us t-”

“Excuse me but you just have entered the Cash Cab. Would you like to play?”

“Okay.” Harry nudges Louis in the arm.

“Each question you answer correctly earns you $25. I will ask questions until you reach your destination. If your stuck, you can ask someone in the taxi for help or we can ask a pedistrian. If you answer three questions incorrectly, you leave the taxi.”

“Okay. We need to be at The Plaza.”

“Your first question: How many days are in the year on a leap year?”

“Uh, 364? No, 3..66!”

“Correct! You have $25 dollars in your bank, would you like to go on, or walk?”

“We'll keep going.”

“What was the date, time, and year of which One Direction formed?”

“Um, I know this one! July 23th, 2010, at 8:22p.m”

“Correct! You now have $50, what would you like to do?”

“I guess we can have another question.”

“What song do you sing to activate the pussy magnent in the Adventurous Adventures of One Direction?”

“I Saw Her Standing There by The Beatles.”

“Correct! You have made $75, and we are now at your destination. Have a good day and thanks for playing Cash Cab with your host Ben Bailey!”

*

*

*

Hope you like this chapter! If you liked it please vote/comment.

Rachel xx