Chapter 14: Not According to Plan

A yellow wolf made his way to where Tackle was at, excited to meet the cub but his ears perked when his head poked out of the grass "Huh? Where'd they go?" He quickly got into the open sniffing around until he found a scent and went in the direction where the rest were "I wonder how Talia's doing?"

Meanwhile, Talia was stalking the Herd. She had to prevent them from finding Tackle one way or another. Diego kept sensing that someone was following them but was distracted when the possums ran under his legs tackling eachother."Watch were you swing your tail!" "You started it!" "Guys knock it off,we still need to find Tackle" Manny got between the possums to stop the arguing " Hey guys, check this out"

Shira's voice caught the entire search party's attention, Diego approached his mate who was near a tree with scratches on it "Wolves" Diego said as he sniffed the tree "Not only that, we're deep in wolf territory" Shira told the Herd with seriousness "Everyone be careful, those wolves could spring out of nowhere" Buck told them as he kept his dagger out, Talia moved to another spot.

Sid brushed it off and walked past the Herd " Aw come on guys how bad can one wolf be?" "Sid you couldn't even keep an eye on a saber cub" Diego pointed out flatly still a little mad at him "Well yes but that's not the point. All I'm saying is we handled worse so this shouldn't be hard "Talia suddenly appeared on top of a rock that Sid was in front of, everyone froze and slowly got ready to react "What? Why are you staring at me like that?" Sid was confused from what was going on. "Sid turn around" Diego whispered as she snarled at everyone while the sloth gulped in fear.

Scrat was hanging on a tree branch, his acorn was stuck near some purple berries sticking on the branch. He manage to grab the stem but a bushy tail hit the branch from under causing his nut and the berry to fall, the berry fell into Vibe's open mouth which was smeared with purple juice "Mmm I love berries hehee" The three were at some trees with berries, Tackle's mouth and saber tooth were covered in juice too "I gotta bring Buck here so he can see this"

Ruby's face scrunched in disgust "Well..." she clapped her paws so loud it alerted the two "Pretty sure Jake's looking for us so let's go" she grabbed a leaf rubbing off the juice smeared on the cub. Vibe got up from lying down, her tail thumping the ground.Everyone's ears perked at hearing a roar and some mammoth noises "Oh that doesn't sound good" Ruby said in worry her hand on her face.

"Vibe? Ruby?" The yellow wolf poked his head out of the grass near Vibe " Oh my-!" The pup jumped in shock landing on the ground. "Jake? It's just you" Vibe said happy to see him "Why weren't you guys at the meeting spot?" He asked them while Tackle ran off to where the Herd was " Where's the kid?" "He's fine, he's right there" Vibe reassured Jake but when everyone turned around, the cub was nowhere.

Vibe's ears fell as the molehog glared at her "Yeah he's right there" Ruby said sarcastically " Guys we have to find him!" Jake told them firmly " I got it!" "Vibe!" Jake called out as Vibe disappeared into the grass " How about this, we take Tackle and let the Herd have Vibe. I'm sure they'll get along ok" "Come on Ruby!" Jake lifted Ruby up in the air with his snout,the molehog landing on his back and clinging on his fur while yelling out "I should've stayed home when I had the chance!"