Chapter 11: Wolf Attack!

The she wolf snarled and pounced right in the middle of the kids, all of them screaming and running in fear. "Huh?" Sid heard the screaming and ran to check if the kids were alright. Meanwhile, Tackle spotted the wolf circling him and tried grabbing him but the cub dodged her and hid in the grass. He saw his best friend Ferry running and he pulled him into the grass but the wolf had their scent so she knew where to find them.

She made her way over to them but a stick hit her head "You get away from my nephew!" She turn to see Sid his fists up and ready, the wolf wanted to get the cub quickly before the rest of the Herd showed up but she noticed something behind the sloth, with a smirk on her face and crouching down " You want a trap? Here's your trap!" She ran past him her tail tripping the sloth, Sid screamed as a snare caught him "I knew there was a trap"

The she wolf quickly went on a log above the two cubs nd waited for the perfect moment. Tackle scanned the area slowly coming out his ears alert " I think she's gone" "no way that wolf left so fast" Ferry said worried and staying low but Tackle notice Sid still stuck. The cub ran out of the grass running to the sloth while the ferret stared at him worried. Sid gasped at the cub's risky move" Tackle hide or the wolf will see you!" Sid said as he struggled to get the rope off his foot only to get more tangled " I'm not leaving you uncle Sid"

Tackle spotted a rock that supported the snare and tried to pull it out but it was stuck tight, Ferry watched him but his ears perked at some rustling next to him...the wolf! She was hiding next to him though unaware the ferret was near, he stared at her wide eyed as she made her way over to Tackle occupied with pulling the rock out. Realizing what was going on,he grabbed her tail pulling it but her tail lifted up with him and made eye contact as he smiled nervous, she threw him up on a high branch and instantly ran to the cub "Tackle look out!" Ferry yelled out but it was a little too late, she grabbed the cub from the scruff of his fur and ran off.

"Sid! That wolf took Tackle! What do we do?" Ferry asked as he went to the sloth "Get help!" Sid instructed Ferry as he ran as fast as he could.

Ferry found himself at some long grass, breathing heavily. He scanned the place his ears perking at some noises, he climbed on a branch and standed on his hind legs. He spotted Manny and Ellie, he smiled relieved and jumped down but his ears perked at rustling and turned around "ROOOAR!" "AAH!" Something jumped at the kit and he felled back scared shielding himself "Ferry?" He opened his eyes to see it was Diego who stopped at seeing the ferret "Diego! Oh I'm so happy I found you something terrible happen"

Ferry told him with panic which brought the mammoths' attention as well " You gotta hurry!" "Slow down Ferry, what happen?" Shira manage to calm the ferret down a bit " A wof attacked us at day camp and Sid got caught in a trap!" "That does sound bad" Ellie responded with worry but then Diego and Shira realized something that worried them...Tackle. They looked at eachother with fear before Diego turn to the kit " Ferry where's Tackle?" The kit was hesitated with that part but his friend was in serious trouble " Well Tackle tried to get Sid out of a trap but then the wolf snatched him and ran off with him. I tried to stop her and I tried warning Tackle but I was too late" Diego's face had worry written all over it " Can you take us to which way did they go?" "Well I don't know where the wolf went but I can show you where Sid is" Ferry told them as Diego let him ride on his back "Then we better not waste time. Let's move!" Manny said and everyone made their way straight to where Sid was.