Chapter 21: Herd meet Vibe

Diego's eyes opened up his vision was blurry but for a moment he thought he saw Adah standing at the entrance of the den. His eyes open wide as he got on his feet snarling at...nothing? "Huh?" He didn't see any blue saber, he stepped out of the den his head moving to see if he can find what he thought was there. Diego had no idea that he actually did see Adah but the blue saber hid behind the corner of the den blending into the snow.

"Diego?" The brown saber turn his attention to his mate who started to wake up "What's with the jump and growl morning alarm?" She asked him tired yawning. Diego walked over to her "Nothing I thought I saw something. How's Tackle?" She motioned her eyes down to the sleeping cub snuggled in her furry chest and paws, he had a leaf wrapped around his bruise paw, the sabers went to Ellie last night since she knew some healing remedies.

"Remind me to thank Ellie for patching up Tackle" "Diego it was just a bruise. Besides he's not gonna run off again on his own, I think he's learned his lesson" the cub stirred from his sleep, rubbing one eye with his paw yawning, his pink tongue peeking out "Hey bud how you feeling?" Diego lied down staring at his cub "Sleepy yawn" he shook his head smiling at the cub, kissing his forehead.

"AAAAAH! The peaceful morning was interrupted when the possums started screaming. The sabers turned their heads to outside, Diego back on his feet again and Tackle wide awake his ears up. The mammoths were up too "Hang on guys I'm coming!" Ellie latched her tail on a branch and swung herself over to her possum brothers, once she landed she continued running with Manny behind her "Ellie wait up!"

"No time! My bros are in danger!" "ELLIE!" the possums came rushing to their sister and climbed right up her tusks to her head. "Don't let her get us!" Crash pleaded holding on to Eddie "Her?" Manny asked confused "Oy!" Everyone turned their heads to the weasel who landed on the tree the possums were on "Whats with all the noise in the morning? I'm trying to have a walk with my Bronwyn" the weasel complained his hands motioning to the pumpkin he had in his sling.

Crash and Eddie gasped at where Buck was and Eddie slid down their sister's trunk onto the ground "Buck watch out for the-!" Crash slid down and crashed into his brother not giving him the chance to finish. "Watch out for what?" Buck asked confused...not for long. "Bark!" "Whoa!" Buck leaped off the branch avoiding the pup chasing him, Vibe was hiding in the leaves.

The weasel landed on the ground but his ears perked when he saw the pup she looked familiar to him. "Criky. A painted hyena pup!" He said smiling as the mammoths got closer and everyone else from the Herd was showing up even the sabers. "A painted what now?" Manny asked confused making Buck sighed annoyed "A PAINTED...HY-EN-A" he said it carefully prounouncing the words with his fingers in motion "These wild dogs are full of energy" "I've never seen any canine like this one" Manny said eyeing her wierdly "Thats because she's not from around here. Painted hyenas are only found in the dino world but I heard a few can also be found here in the surface"

Vibe watched them all talking above the tree but her ears perked when she saw Tackle and his parents coming over. "Tackle!" She jumped off the branch and pounced on the cub, her snout tickled his stomach "Vibe!" He said excited laughing, swatting his paw at her to stop tickling but Vibe didn't have time to play for long. Diego saw her and from the look of it, thought that Vibe was hurting his cub.

Snarling, Diego charged at Vibe, the pup's ears were up and she quickly backed away from Tackle who was now under his dad. Vibe made herself smaller but she growled back, her mane standing up "Dad wait! Wait!" Tackle jumped in front of his dad's face, his paws holding on to him "It's ok. Vibe's cool" "Vibe?" Diego asked as his son let go his nose and stared at him.

"Tackle you know her sweetie?" Ellie asked but no one noticed Adah hiding in the grass and spying on them, the saber shook his head sighing "Vibe what did you do this time?" He told himself as he watched them. "Yeah. Vibe's a new friend I made, please dad she won't hurt me" Vibe stood up and Diego was a little surprise that she matched his height.

"Yeah. Lower the over protective dad level please" she asked him as she walked to Manny "whoa a mammoth. Cool!" Vibe said her tail shaking excited "Vibe this is Uncle Manny" Tackle introduced the pup to the mammoth who stared at her but then Ellie nudged her husband to answer.

"Nice to meet you Vibe" he said smiling holding his trunk out, Vibe tilted her head to the right her down and confused. Tackle walked up to her side and shook his paw up and down his eyes to the trunk and back to his paw. Vibe's ears perked now knowing what to do, her paw grabbed his trunk and shook it fast while smiling, Manny was really surprise from her handshake "Nice to meet you" she said and let go of his trunk, Manny waved his trunk a little a bit sore.

Vibe spotted Scrat who was chasing his acorn again  "Squirrel!" Scrat screamed and the pup chased him around the Herd, barking at him. Manny and Sid approached Diego as they stared at the pup wierdly "The first friend my son makes is that" He said staring at her wierd as she started looking for the squirrel "At least Tackle made a new friend" "You know Sid's actually right, Tackle did make a new friend" Mannh told Diego and the saber had to agree that was a good thing but his head turn to the grass Adah was hiding and he approached it but nothing was in the grass execpt a spot where someone was sitting.

Adah had got out and hid in the shadows observing Diego who sniffed the ground and he was surprised from the scent "Saber?" Adah felt this waa too close for comfort and ran off before Diego could spot him 'Something's not right' Diego thought suscpious.