Chapter 17: Shadows and Questions

The crow flew deeper into the island where he landed near a rocky den and entered in it. The den was dark with some light from the sun from some holes in the roof of the den, in the center on a large rock was a saber he was completely in the shadows so you couldn't make out his fur color or other features but you can defiantly tell he had a messy mane from his head down to his back and he was resting.

"Ramous you won't believe what I saw today" the crow said excited and the saber's eyes opened revealing a hot pink color as he lifted his head up "This better be important that you had to wake me up Kwatak" he said irritated yet calm while another saber, a female, showed up and laid down next to him nuzzling her head with him.

"Trust me you will love it. I saw this sloth , weird and kinda green reminds me of vegetables..." the saber rolled his eyes from Kwatak's small mind "would you get on with it Kwatak?" A voice came up next to the crow from a female weasel her right eye had three claw scars on them and she had a vine belt which went up her shoulder and held a bow.

"But get this I also saw a saber cub" the saber's eye widen in surprise as his mate looked at his reaction surprise from the news too "a saber cub? Are you sure you didn't mistake it for another animal?" He questioned wanting to be very sure.

"Nope I'm serious definitely a saber cub" the saber thought deeply about this news as he stood up on his fours "anything else?" He asked curious. "I was going to get him but then Adah showed up" the weasel froze and looked at their pack leader for what would happen next.

The saber became silent as his mate stood up "I'll trust your view for once Kwatak" he told him. "Hold on Ramous how do we know for sure it was saber cub?" The weasel questioned with a paw on her waist "will see Sasha. Today is the last day of the month. I will be making my usual patrol at sunset. I hope your traps are well set around the island right?" He asked the weasel.

"My traps never fail Ramous" the weasel said with confidence as a sneaky smile appeared before she ran off "Come on crow let's go trap testing" Kwatak followed Sasha as the she saber joined her mate's side watching

"Your thinking that cub might be linked to the Herd aren't you luv" "One way or another Kali, with Adah involved it means he knows something I don't and I can't let that prophecy happen" he turn to her with a serious look "I must stop it" he told her before running off.

Meanwhile, Julian was playing hockey with Peaches "Here comes Julian ready to land a winning goal" "Until the champion stops him on the ice" Peaches stopped the puck from entering the goal and swinging her truck super fast, hit the puck straight to Julian's goal winning the game "Whoa!" Peaches smiled triumphly until the possums showed up.

"Hi guys what's-" "Tackle's in danger" "Yeah real danger" the possums talked really fast and panic confusing Peaches and she blew her trunk at them to stop "Slow down! You sound like Diego's chasing you" "Ok so Tackle is missing" once Crash said it Peaches dropped her hockey stick "what!" "Yeah there were these wolves and at first we had him" "But then he got catapulted by a tree and now we have no idea where he is" Eddie and Crash explained rapidly but still clearly.

"Hey are you guys sure Tackle is missing?" Julian asked confused looking another way "totally my bro-man...why?" Eddie asked as everyone turn to his direction "cause I see Tackle down there" Julian pointed his trunk and everyone spotted the cub running in full speed like he was hunting a prey.

"It's Tackle!" Peaches said happy but she perked an eyebrow confused about something "but where's he going?" "Hey Little T!" Julian and the others called him and the young cub stopped his ears perked at their sounds "Peaches?" He turn their way but then he notice the blue saber stopping "Tackle" he went back to him but perfectly blending in the snow made him unseen by the others expect the cub.

He looked at the mammoths and gently smiled at the cub "I promise you will see them again but after" "after what?" Tackle asked confused but the saber didn't respond and ran off. Tackle looked back at Peaches and the others and then back to the saber "maybe...maybe this is the adventure I can finally be part of. Like the Herd" his eyes widen realize seeing his chance and ran off.

"Wait where's he going?" Julian asked cause it look like Tackle heard them "i don't know but let's go find out" Peaches said determined as the others followed where Tackle ran off but they didn't notice Sasha and Kwatak watching above on a tree, the two staring at eachother with raised eyebrows.