Chapter 24: The Bad Guys

"ROAR!" Diego leaped out of nowhere and pounced on Ramous, pinning him down and snarling at him fiercely, Ramous was surprised to see another saber but he snarled back at him.

Diego turned his face away from him to check on Tackle worried "Tackle you ok?" He said worry as the cub tried to stand up but his eyes widen when he saw what's coming next "Dad look out!" Diego turned back only to have Kali ran past him and headed straight to the exhausted cub.

"Oh no you don't!" A trunk wrapped around Tackle protectively and Kali found herself snarling at Ellie who glared at her. The whole Herd came and Shira snarled at Kali, swatting her paws at her and forcing her to back away, she charged at Diego and snarled at him but the brown saber back away and return to the Herd, getting into a defensive stance with Shira, both of them in front of Tackle.

Kwatak landed and Sasha got off with her bow and arrow out, glaring at them. Ramous stood up snarling but his face started showing surprise when he saw the whole Herd, his eyes scanned them 'This is the Herd? All different animals that work together, just like Aspik said...I finally found them' Ramous said in his head as he smiled, thrilled to finally find what he was hunting for.

"I think there was a small misunderstanding. We're just saying hello to our new neighbor" he said it calmly his eyes on the Herd while both them and his pack were on defense, ready for anything "Yeah. Well I think your misunderstanding is off" Diego said glaring at the saber that tried to harm his cub "And you're not acting friendly" Shira said angry her ears back as Ramous approached close enough to the sabers.

"So we say hello with our claws. So what?" He said it so casually "So it's time to say goodbye" Diego said it growling fiercely "Let me guess, you two are the parents" he said and laughed at them "You two don't look like parents" Kali said smirking at them "Neither do you. I can easily tell your one who gets mad too much" Shira taunted her smirking and Kali roared irritated she almost pounced on her but Ramous quickly stopped her.

"Cool it Kali" he told her getting in front of her, the she saber looked at him and closing her eyes and sighing she was calm again. "Who are you? And why were you after Tackle?" Manny asked glaring at the saber.

"Tackle?" Ramous had his eyes on Tackle who was behind Peach's leg "So that's the furball's name. My name's Ramous and this is my pack, Kali my mate, Kwatak my eyes in the sky and Sasha my trapper" he introudced himself and his pack, Vibe and Ferry were still watching "We have to do something" the ferret said but he noticed that Vibe was getting ready for something because her paws were leaning on the edge of the ice with a look of focus and she seemed ready to jump.

"I just have a small question and we'll leave you alone. One of you had made small encounter with an old....friend of mine" Ramous said pacing pausing at the last part while the Herd stared at him ready for anything "Of course I don't know if you know but he's been watching you for a while..." Vibe's ears perked at this 'How did he know that?' She wondered confused and nervous.

"But you probably wouldn't notice him because he can blend in with the snow impressively well" Tackle's ears perked at the last part and he realized Ramous meant only one person "Adah?" He said it but out loud and the Herd turn their heads at him confused but Ramous stopped pacing and he smirked in victory.

"Funny. I didn't even say his name yet...so how does your cub know?" He asked sounding like he knew the answer and Diego who was confused at first, his ears fell shock realizing what Ramous meant "Tackle?" He turn his head around to face his son and the cub was silent he didn't know what to say or explain what was going on.

Buck spotted something from the corner of his eye and spotted Ramous getting in a pouncing stance, he gasped and Sasha noticed his realization and quickly aimed her bow at him. "Everyone watch out! Whoa!" Buck yelled out and he quickly ducked when a arrow came to him, narrowly missing him. Ramous roared about to leap but at the same time Vibe jumped off and landed on the saber's back, biting him on the neck.

Adah and the others showed up on the icy wall and Adah's eyes widen at the problem, knowing there was no way out of it. Ramous snarled irritated and jumping to shake the pup off and Kali grabbed Vibe with her teeth and flunged her off, Vibe hit the ground hard and blacked out.

A large sound came up and Ramous's eyes widen when he saw Manny charging "Whoa!" The pack moved out of the way but Ramous and Kali pounced on Manny, clinging on to him with their teeth and claws "Manny!" Diego called out seeing his friend in trouble and he charged at Ramous, prying him off his friend and the two snarled at eachother ferociously.

The whole Herd charged at their new enemies but Tackle was frozen in his spot, he was scared and confused 'How did I get myself and the Herd into this mess? I just wanted an adventure with them. That's why I lied about not hearing Peaches, that's why I went to the far side of island. But now my family is going to get hurt!' He said in his head as his eyes darted throughout the fighting "TACKLE!" the cub got out of his thoughts when Shira's voice snapped him out of it furious and loud.

Shira glared at angry "Head back to the den and stay there" "But-" "NOW!" She told him with a warning tone before running back to help the Herd, deep down Shira was both mad and hurt that her cub was hiding something. Tackle quickly ran and Adah watched him and then back to the Herd "Talia! Jake! Go help the Herd!Go!" He told the wolves and they ran down to help while he turn to where Tackle ran off.