Chapter 18: The Scavenger Pack

"Yahooo!" Vibe yelled out as she slid down a snow hill on her paws with a yellow wolf following her down the slope "Hahaha! Woo!" The wolf howled excited as the two made it down, the yellow wolf found in front of him brown paws belonging to the she wolf on her hind legs as she smiled shaking her head chuckling. "Talia!" The wolf said excited his tail wagging as he licked her nose "how did it go?"

"I was close if someone hadn't changed the spot we we're gonna meet" Talia said as her eyes landed on Vibe who rolled on the snow the other wolf followed her direction "Aw come on Tal, Vibe's still a puppy" "yeah!" Vibe suddenly appeared underneath Jake her wild mane and head touching his chest. "I'm still a puppy!" "A very reckless pup" Ruby added.

"ROAR!" Everyone turned their direction to a familiar blue saber standing. "Adah!" They all said in surprise, Vibe ran straight to him excited "What's up old Adah?" She playfully pulled his ears and rubbed her head under his chin, Adah treated her like she was his pup "It look like I had to do your part with guiding the cub" he told her calmly and teasing but Vibe had her ears down knowing she was in trouble.

"Yeah heh heh....sorry?" She said awkwardly one ear down and an awkward smile. Her ears perked when she noticed Tackle behind him "furball!" She said excited her tail wagging "Vibe!" Tackle got into a stance ready to pounce but Adah got between them chuckling "first thing first is a proper introduction. Tackle meet the Scavenger Pack"

Tackle had to admit they reminded him of the Herd especially since they were different animals. "You've already met Vibe, Ruby and Talia" "Yeah I don't like Talia she's mean" Talia looked surprised from this as Vibe bursted into laughter "Let's give eachother a chance. This is Talia's mate Jake" Jake was a yellow wolf with a lighter tone on his stomach and bright green eyes he smiled at the cub.

Adah suddenly had a face of confusion as he realized something and scanned the pack "Someone's missing, where's..." "I'm right here Adah" the cub followed the older saber's direction on the corner where a fox was coming down a small snowy hill, Tackle awed at her his little jaw fell from how beautiful she looked.

She was pure snow white that shimmered with the specks of snow on her fur and bright yellow eyes but what stuck out the most was those unusual black markings on her back, head and tail. Adah greeted her with a warm and sweet smile "This is Saya. Our healer" "wow" Tackle whispered still at awe but he crouched below cautious "Don't be afraid" she told in the most softest voice as she walked off her bushy tail gently rubbing on the cub's face making him want to pounce on it, Adah chuckled at this.

Meanwhile, Peaches, Julian and the possums had run into the others "Wait you saw Tackle?" Manny asked Peaches surprised, the Herd found it weird that the cub ignored the others and ran off on his own. "I'll admit it sounds weird dad but we saw Tackle run off" "Yeah but it defiantly seemed like Little T heard us just he ignored us" Julian added as the sabers looked at eachother.

Shira's ears perked at a sound and looked up at a tree branch, she felt like something was spying on them "Shira? Oy Shira!" "huh?" She looked at Buck was calling her "Let me repeat, Diego and Shira will let out a roar and if Tackle hears it, he'll come to us and maybe even respond back" while Buck explained his plan, Sasha and Kwatak came out from hiding on the branches watching.

"Cover your ears Kwatak" Sasha said as she held her ears down flat while the crow looked at her "Why?" "ROAR!" Kwatak flew up spooked from the sabers' roaring which reached all the way to the Scavenger Pack.

Adah, Talia and Jake heard the roar their ears perked "Whoa sounds like Ramous is unhappy" Jake commented as he rubbed his back on the snow "That's not him. That's a saber call...only used when a cub is missing" Adah explained as he stood up with Saya who was lying next to him.

"Wheee!" "Yip yip!" Tackle and Vibe slid down a snowy hill with Ruby keeping an eye on the two. "I'm gonna win!" "Will see!" The two playfully bumped into eachother to get ahead but then the roar reached them "Huh?" They both said together "Mom? Dad?" Tackle said recognizing it but then "Watch out!" Vibe said she stopped sliding her tail in front to stop her.

But when Tackle turn to see what made her stop it was too late... he was sliding to a ledge! "Whooa!" He tried stopping his paws trying to slow down but the cub slid off the edge "TACKLE!" Vibe and Ruby yelled, the pup looked down at the edge her eyes wide in panic. Tackle stood up woozy from the landing but luckily the soft snow saved him.

Vibe breathed out relief as she slumped on the ledge while the molehog came by. "I'm ok..." He said but when he got back on his feet, he felt something on his foot. "Huh?" A vine was around his right foot "What the..." "Hey what's going on down there?" Vibe called out and Tackle decided to call for help...saber style.