Chapter 6: News

"Your sled could use some work" Manny grumbled as he stood up rubbing his head. "That was awesome!" Tackle said fist bumping in the air while Ferry rubbed the snow of his head. "I'll admit I'm not one for danger but that sled ride was awesome" Ferry told his friend, he wasn't the danger's my middle name kind of mammal. The two cubs fist bumped.

Julian grabbed Tackle and placed him on his head "So Little T was that sled ride sick?" Julian asked in excitement"Totally. Can't wait to do that again" the cub slid down the mammoth's trunk and landed on his feet as he ran to the sled "Aw man I'm really gonna miss you when you go to Sid and Brooke's day camp " the entire herd and Ferry froze at Julian's spoiler alert as the cub looked at him confused, Peaches approached her husband " Um my uncle Diego didn't tell him yet" "Oh um surprise "Tackle walked up to his parents.

"Dad what does Julian mean?" "Tell him Diego, he's already on to you" Shira told her husband who was hesitant " So Tackle you know how you spend all your time with us" his head motion to the Herd "Yeah " since Tackle was born, it was mostly the Herd teaching him all they know and all of their adventures "Well um you see...well...." "Diego" the Herd all said together even Shira, Diego finally manage to get it out "sigh. I signed you up for Sid's day camp. You start it tomorrow"

"Day camp?!" The whole Herd was surprised by the cub's loud answer his ears were down in panic "You seriously want me to go day camp!?" The saber cub asked scared as he backed away slowly. "Let's go Ferry! Run for it!" The cub quickly ran from the Herd ignoring everyone calling him ,Ferry went after his best friend "Crash.Eddie. Keep an eye on Tackle" Ellie instructed her possum brothers "The babysityer bros are on it" Crash said and the two ran after the cub "Oh boy " Diego had his ears down wishing he never told his son about this "Hey relax buddy. He's just a little nervous that's all. Look you can talk to him when we see him" Manny reassured him as Sid approached the saber " Yeah beside I'll keep a good eye on him" "Sid your the least person I trust when comes to parenting" Diego told Sid with an unimpressed look "Well if you recall I once ran a kids camp, Camp a del Sid" "Disaster"

Diego started walking away to find his cub as the sloth followed him "And then I nutured three beautiful dinosaur eggs" "Disaster""And then there was that prehatch preschool on Easter. oh! and what about our little human baby I raised "the sloth placed an arm around his saber friend who shoved him away "Disaster plus Manny and I helped with the baby so it doesn't count" Diego stormed off to find the cub only to be stopped by Shira who leaped in front of him "Give him a moment to think ok? He's not gonna run off" Diego sighed "alright" but unknown to the Herd they were watched by the same figure " So this is the Herd?" the figure darted off into the forest.